Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why is carbonated water more expensive?

BuffAlessandro

Today in the mall I have noticed somethinginteresting for me – the carbonated water is mostly half the priceas the normal mineral water. Is there any logical explannation forthat? This does not make sense to me, because I think that more stuffhas to be made while producing carbonated water. Does anyone have agood idea of why is this like that?

probably cause the carbonated water is just tap water with carbon dioxide under pressure dissolved

mineral water is either from an actual spring or has been put through an ionizer which is an appliance and filtered

you can easily buy a good quality filter at home to hook up to your sink or buy a small filtration system.. no need to waste money buying water

bottled waters like dasani and aquafina are actually just tap water.. if you don't believe me test the chlorine in those and you will see they have just as much chlorine as straight tap water

I would not try to find any logic in the water industry - lost of shady shit is happening there, and you never really know what you are getting. The best thing to do, is what @stevesmi has recommended, and what I actually do myself - get filters at home, and drink your own water. This way you will be getting just the same water (or even better) almost for free.

It really depends on the brand name. Mineral water is often more expensive because it is marketed to business men and marketed as sort of a 'business man's drink'.

You don't see business men drink club soda, they drink perrier. That's it.

It's kind of like the difference between canned pasta sauce and some of those really expensive 'italian pasta sauces'. They are basically the exact same thing but different marketing.

Top Bottom