Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WHole egg vs. Egg whites/ Lets Debate!

Goldprospector

The purpose of this thread is for a debate to see if we can come to some conclusions about whether or not to eat the whole egg. There was a recent thread where a bro got raked for eating 7 dozen whole eggs per week.
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382525
I usually eat 4 dozen whole eggs each week and my cholesterol levels have also remained in good shape. Here are a couple of studies to indicate that the whole eggs is better than eating the whites alone.

This study involving eggs should be of particular interest to readers since it was done on bodybuilders in 1986. Published in the International Journal of Sports Medicine, it concluded that high egg consumption did not equate an increased risk of heart disease. Interestingly, those who ate more eggs had a more favorable risk profile. Plasma HDLs were higher and plasma triglycerides, a fat associated with a higher risk of heart disease, were lower in the high egg group as compared with low egg intake group.
The study included 76 bodybuilders whose egg intake varied from none to 81 a week, with some consuming as many as 12 a day. Those who ate six eggs or more per day averaged 188 milligrams per deciliter total cholesterol, which is well below the 200 mg/dl that the average person is told to strive for. The subjects who ate fewer than one and a half eggs a day averaged 175 mg/dl total cholesterol, slightly better than the high egg group. However, the high egg subjects averaged higher HDL levels at 56 mg/dl versus 50 mg/dl for the low group: The bodybuilders who ate lots of eggs also showed a much lower triglyceride level at 124 mg/dl as opposed to 172 mg/dl for the low egg athletes.

The study proved once again that eating lots of eggs does not elevate plasma cholesterol levels. It lowered them. How about the 88-year-old man who ate 25 eggs a day for many years yet showed no signs of high cholesterol or triglycerides? I didn't make this up. His case study was reported in the New England Journal of Medicine.

As with this one, which Dr. William Campbell Douglass included in his book, Vitamins Can Heal. The diet in New Guinea is extremely low in cholesterol so it was determined that this was the ideal locale to test if the introduction of eggs would increase the cholesterol levels of the natives. It was assumed that blood cholesterol levels would soar once they started eating lots of eggs. But to the researchers' amazement, there was no significant effect on the subjects' cholesterol levels. Clearly showing that eggs are not responsible for the health problem attributed to them by so many.

Finally, a study conducted by the American Cancer Society should put an end to the disputation once and for all. It involved 800,000 people and revealed that those who avoided eating eggs had a higher death rate from heart attacks and strokes than those who ate eggs.

Finally this thread will not yet go into the greater benefits of eating whole eggs but I can tell you that it is worth eating the yolks just for the benefit of the Lecithin, since lecithin is an actual proven cholesterol-lowering agent. Two other points to ponder for the purpose of a good debate are; it is fact that your body will only absorb roughly 2% of dietary intake of cholesterol. And second, the lowly egg has the HIGHEST biological value of ANY an ALL foods! The BV of an egg is 93.7%. Top that. :p

I’ll have a double serving of whole eggs please! :artist: ;)

Good info man. I think the reason most eat more whites is because you get more protein when you eat a bunch of whites with out all of the calories.

yeah the yolk has the amino profile you want but the cholesterol you don't want. I think 1 whole and the rest white is best for me.
You will NOT get the cholesterol from the yolk. Your body will only absorb 2%. Then with the extra lecithin...you will still flush out higher or unwanted amounts.

Good info man. I think the reason most eat more whites is because you get more protein when you eat a bunch of whites with out all of the calories.
Another thing that I wonder about is whether or not people do the protien count of 1/2 of the contents of the egg? If you eat the whites only, then you are getting only about 3g of protien without all the dietary benifits of the yolk, ie. certain amino's, vitamins, minerals, ect.
---

There is no debate whatsoever

Yolks don't cause high blood cholesterol
Period

this being said some people just don't want the extra calories from the yolks

one point we forgot to mention on that 7 dozen-eggs-a-week is that most of us need to relate to other people (customers, coworkers, family) on a daily basis...

That many eggs will give me some serious relationship-breaking farting...

As for the yolk, I would take a whole egg over a bunch of whites everyday (I don't eat either)... It's just a matter of calories, I get all my calories and nutrietns from other sources, so no need for me... but yep, I do eat the ocassional eggs on weekends and stuff.

There is no debate whatsoever

Yolks don't cause high blood cholesterol
Period

The whole purpose of this thread was the idea that Bigpapa511 got raked about his egg consumption and his cholesterol...
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=382525
So there must be some kind of debate...that is if you read the other thread.

one point we forgot to mention on that 7 dozen-eggs-a-week is that most of us need to relate to other people (customers, coworkers, family) on a daily basis...

That many eggs will give me some serious relationship-breaking farting...

I guess I am one of the lucky ones...I don't get any kind of gas from eggs or any other protiens for that matter. I know a lot of people who do get gas from even just drinking PT shakes, or from eggs, and I would assume that the sulpher content from the eggs could be bad...but I think it mostly happens when you don't eat much of them or very often. The same goes with shakes, if you don't drink a high PT shake very often, then you can get gas from it. But since I eat a lot of eggs, No worries!

Top Bottom