Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who wake up in the middle of night and eat like a pig?!?!

Shinobi

Since the beggining of this year Im having a weird habit of waking up once or twice per night and I eat like a pig!!! And the worst thing is that in the next day I dont even remember what I ate!!! I see food on the ground, dirty plates, empty soda cans, whey protein powder all ovr the kitchen and I keep thinking if it was me! In the beggining I remember that I ate but since 3 months ago I cant remember!!! Ok I've been using benzos for a year and Im sure its a side effect of benzos. I've been o xanax, ambien etc. I have to rotate them so I dont get use to a specific benzo. I cant diet this way! I stop buying peanut butter and other foods so I dont have what to eat when I wake up in the middle of the night but I eat anything that is in my front. I wake up feeling so sick because of so much food I ate during my "sleep" that I only start eating again 5-6 hour after I wake up. Does someone has any similar experience? I need help!

Shinobi said:
Since the beggining of this year Im having a weird habit of waking up once or twice per night and I eat like a pig!!! And the worst thing is that in the next day I dont even remember what I ate!!! I see food on the ground, dirty plates, empty soda cans, whey protein powder all ovr the kitchen and I keep thinking if it was me! In the beggining I remember that I ate but since 3 months ago I cant remember!!! Ok I've been using benzos for a year and Im sure its a side effect of benzos. I've been o xanax, ambien etc. I have to rotate them so I dont get use to a specific benzo. I cant diet this way! I stop buying peanut butter and other foods so I dont have what to eat when I wake up in the middle of the night but I eat anything that is in my front. I wake up feeling so sick because of so much food I ate during my "sleep" that I only start eating again 5-6 hour after I wake up. Does someone has any similar experience? I need help!

yeap sounds like the xanax to me bro

mmmm they sound good

Why benzos would make me feel so hungry when I wake up in the middle of the night?!?! Its like I didnt wake up cause I dont remember ONE SINGLE moment of me eating all that food but when I wake up in the morning there is food all over the apartment!

I've been doing that for years. I get hungry every 4 - 5 hours. However the "I dont even remember what I ate" part could certainly be the benzo's, it's not the best drug for memory.

Try drinking a shake before bed and having one made ready to go for your late night rendezvous with the fridge.
Atleast you may be able control what you eat and still salvage your diet

Just try and keep healthy food in the house instead of junk. I use to wake up and eat junk, but since the closest thing to junk food in my house is an atkins bar, I wake up and eat protein!

i think what you are describing is known as night - eating syndrome, it occurs in lots of people, including a close friend of mine. From what i can remember its to do with hormone imbalances in the body

Im sorry to say he hasnt found any thing to work and hes tried allsorts of things (over the counter). There is lots of info on the net if you do a search for 'night eating syndrome'. theres also forums dedicated to it! Im really sorry that i cant be of any further help cos i know my mate is having real troble sleeping and it effects his life dramatically. Keep us informed with how you get on finding help.

Heres a couple of web addresses with some info:

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/eating_disorders/89879

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/02/020213074459.htm

me too exactly....sacrifice your sex drive and go on an ssri while you lose the weight...I feel this syndrome is a symptom of low serotonin levels and its kinda tied in with sleeping poorly in general...I sleep like sh!T and have the night itme eating/cravings when I'm home..but when I'm out west sleeping with my gal I sleep fine and don't crave at night(food anyhow)..so for me its a calmness/depression related deal..also try bromocriptine before sleep

hear ya

I absolutely understand what you're going through man....I had the exact thing going on with me at the beginning of this year, it lasted about 6 months. My thing was cookie dough ice cream or anything else very sugary and high in carbs, at the time I was on an SSRI, I think that had a lot to do with it as carbs cause a release of serotonin I believe, which is why it is so pleasurable to eat sugary stuff. Anyway, I would go through gallons of ice cream, it was ridiculous, I ended up gaining like 30 pounds, it was awful. Someone above mentioned nocturnal or nigh eating, thats what its called, its a real sleep disorder. My doctor prescribed trazodone for me because its non addictive...I also stopped buying the foods that I would eat or would buy them only in small quantities. Because the problem isn't really the eating, its the huge amounts...I would eat so much ice cream. The disorder can also be caused by stress and sometimes by extreme dieting so maybe allow yourself some cheating on the diet during the waking hours so you don't feel deprive, at least see if it works. Anyway, for me trazodone helped a great deal, but it didn't really disappear until I discontinued taking paxil.

Top Bottom