Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

who thinks this could work???

emmab

OK, I have heard that reducing carbs means that the body pulls from fat stores more. If this is true, then would it also work if you reduce carb intake after a workout...couldn't the body just pull what it needs from fat stores, as long as you made sure you took in enough protein. People keep telling me to not have too much carbs after a workout if I am trying to cut bodyfat.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. If you're weight training intensely you will be depleting the glycogen in the muscles you've worked. Glycogen/glucose is a nutrient you cannot manufacture from your fat stores. if you eat A LOT of whey protein, some of this can convert to glucose and help refill you muscle glycogen. But if you're gonna eat that much whey in one sitting, you might as well eat the carbs instead and get the full benefit of your muscles ability to rapidly absorb post-workout nutrients. You don't need any other carbs during the day to maintain muscle while losing fat. But post-workout carbs/protein are pretty important.

Top Bottom