Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who likes Polish Food?

bbkingpin

I love good Polich sausage with sauerkraut; Cabbage rolls, breaded pork cutlets; dill potatoes; Polish bread and butter; PEIROGIES! Yum Yum Yum. Anyone else like this stuff?

<-- 100% Polish

It's all my parents eat... i join in occasionally.

And yeah Polish sausage is the best... and pierogies are the shit. :D

I'm all Irish but my ex-girlfriend was 100% Polish and the only one in her family born here. Her mom made trays of Polish food. Her uncle smoked his own Polish sausage and it was the best I ever had. They never bought Polish sausage from a store, only homemade. Ham too. Also, nalishniki was great. I used to eat those a lot. Sweet creamy crepes with powdered sugar. Then I dated a girl born in Poland and she never cooked anything! She was useless. Her parents were still in Europe. But at a Polish wedding her relatives made good food for the wedding party before the reception. Polish people are fun to party with. But you need the older family members around if you want good food.

Polish people are indeed the most fun to be with. I live in an all polish neighborhood here in new york. If you don't speak polish, you are looked upon as an outsider.
Drunk polacks are also the funniest to be with I must say. :D

What part of NY is all Polish? My ex lived in Trenton -- a lot of Pols. I'm from Chicago -- the largest Polish population outside of Warsaw. My parish has a Polish-language mass. I'm in California now. My current girlfriend is 7/8 Polish (grandparents off the boat) and we FINALLY found a Polish restaurant in Anaheim. Called? "Polish Restaurant." You don't have to look far in Chicago to find a Polish restaurant. California is a different story. BTW, Irish like to party. But they fight a lot. ESPECIALLY the drunk ones. Myself included -- Actually I just love to be provoked when I'm drunk, never the aggressor. Try Corned Beef and Cabbage some time. It's a cliche for Irish "cuisine" but it is actually one of my favorite meals.

It's a place called Greenpoint in Brooklyn, New York. There are so many Polish restaurants here... they make a hell of a chicken cutlet, mmmmmm. Yeah Chicago does have a lot of Polacks.... lots of them come here occasionally to the clubs and bars and drink themselves stupid, but hey, that's what polish people do best. There's an Irish pub not too far from here too. Lots of polish people go there too, the only place you'll find Irish people here, LoL.

Yeah, anyone who likes to drink will enjoy an Irish pub. When I speak to people from England they always say that they go to Dublin -- capital of Ireland (just in case) -- to have fun. And the English weren't always known to be too fond of the Irish. Nor vice-versa. America is great. Especially ethnically diverse areas like Chicago and New York. I'll have to go to Brooklyn when I go to New York again. What is the famous steak house there?

BBkingpin said:
I love good Polich sausage with sauerkraut; Cabbage rolls, breaded pork cutlets; dill potatoes; Polish bread and butter; PEIROGIES! Yum Yum Yum. Anyone else like this stuff?

Yup, my favority is cabbage rolls, awesome food.

Mr.X

I lived in Warsaw during june/july/august this year and I cant tell they have really good food! Across street from my place there was a restaurant called "mama" and they have a soup with strawberry sauce :) They also have AWESOME kubasa(sp)! Poland is a very nice country and they are going to join the european community very soon and it will become even better!

What part of NY is all Polish?

Greenpoint again... Wife is 3/4 Polish.

You can take the L or the G (I think) to get there. It's not as Polish as it used to be. You will have to travel into Greenpoint a little to get to the "real" Polish area. You'll know when you are there because it's a strip with a ton of Polish food stores.

Meat, bakery, and Deli products. Ready made Polish food also to take home.

Top Bottom