Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

who here does well on moderate carb and low fat diets for cutting?

N

nclifter6feet6

as some of yall remember me talking about my binging around last week when i came off my super strict dieting. i decided for a new diet i am 6feet6 227 now and about 205 lean bodymass? or more maybe? my abs are coming out again im so glad it shure didnt take me long to get back into the swing of things. before i was eating very low carbs and very low fats and i rebounded off the diet and binged for a week. now im eating 200 grams of protien per day about 150 carbs and 40 fats per day. i feel alot better on this diet im losing fat quickly and i have more energy with the more carbs im getting. my main carb source is oatmeal. i feel i just cant handle the keto diets because i have no energy. my body seems to run better off of carbs this diet i can have carbs every day and keep calories at only 1600 per day. its working great. i would like to hear other low fat diets that people think is good for cutting and what are your experiences. i noticed that when i do a keto or something like that for cutting my sex drive goes down, when i have more carbs my sex drive is higher too.

First of all 1600 calories at a bodyweight of 227 seems awfully low. That's like 7x your bodyweight and most people consider 10x bodyweight as being the lowest you should go. Be careful not to shutdown your metabolism with this method or your fat loss will stall and you can't feasibly go any lower in calories.

As far as doing well on moderate carb diets, 99% of the people on here would do well if they'd just stick to it. Problem is people want instant gratification while dieting and when you low carb you lose water fast. A lot of people can lose 5-8 pounds the first week of a lowcarb diet and then they're hooked. If they tried a moderate carb diet for a week and they didn't lose that much weight they assume the diet sucks for them and go back to low carb. Unfortunately they don't realize that those 5-8 pounds of water will come back the instant they eat carbs again and nothing can stop it.

If I were you I'd keep protein and carbs the same but up your fat to 80-100 grams. If you want a good all around moderate carb diet, I'd suggest either an Iso-caloric(33/33/33) or something like a 40/30/30(p/c/f). These are great and I guarantee the majority of people would do quite well on it if they'd just give it a chance. I've tried just about every concievable diet(not counting shit like slim-fast and the cabbage soup diet) and I always seem to come back to a moderate carb diet. Right now I'm getting about 100g carbs timed around workouts, 80-100g fat and about 260g protein. I refeed once per week and am doing quite well. I've done CKD, TKD, you name it and while they all work they aren't magical just a different means to the same end. I seem to have better workouts in the gym with more carbs in my system let alone I don't crave them as much when I am able to enjoy some each day. This type of diet also has less rebound because you already are eating carbs so it isn't a shock for your body to see them again and you are already holding more water than if you were completely devoid of carbs.

The one benefit that low carb diets do have is appetite suppression. Fat is very satiating and when you eat a lot of it you will feel fuller than if you were eating a lot of carbs. The problem is however that once you go back to carbs it will stimulate hunger and that can lead to binging.

I've done ketogenic diets and moderate carb diets. The moderate carb diets seemed to work best for me. However, I'm planning on losing some quick weight sometime in the near future to make up for lost time and I will use a very low calorie TKD. Ketogenic diets are probably a bit more muscle sparing, especially on low calories.

The reason I like moderate carb diets with some higher carb days is that my training doesn't suffer as much. This is very important, and I don't like to structure my workouts around my diet so strictly.

By the way dude --- clen definitely makes me stronger on lower carbs. It will make you forget you're dieting when you get to the gym and is smoother than ECA. Noting amazing compared to ECA, though. Not really worth the money if you ask me.

so your saying clens not worth it man?????

ive really come to the conclusion all supps are shit anyways really. u just need the protien.

when i get to eat carbs everyday i feel a shit load better, i could easily eat a moderate carb low fat diet as apposed to a high fat low carb diet. usually every other day ill eat a whole box of snack wells fat free devils food cakes.mmmmmmmm they are good as fuck!!!!!!i eat them right after i work out. i found i need to keep veggies handy around night time because im the type to get late night cravings so i either fry up some cucumbers with no oil just with soy sauce or steam up alot of cabbage to fill me up and ill drink some diet soda at night to fill me up and chill my cravings. ill usually eat a whole cucumber or half a head of cabbage during the later hours of the day to keep me full.

to vageta- i may up the fat too. especially around night time maybe have some peanuts im just gonna see for now if this diet is tolerable

I totally prefer moderate carb, low fat diets. That is all I used in preparing for contests. Stick with it, it works!

Ryan

Yup, count me in too. Carbs are my friends whether bulking or cutting, though I do cut back on them when I'm trying to shed fat, but I rarely go below 45% of my cals from carbs even then.

MS, I know I've seen it in a post before, but could you give the macronutrient ratios for the protein/carb cycling diet you have done or had a client do before? I'm trying Mr. X's carb-pro cycling diet. Do you think I should go low-fat (10%) while doing a carb-pro cycling diet? Thanks for any info.

Here is Mr. X's diet plan that I'm doing (I'm currently eating 10% calories from fat): http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/mrx/procarb.html

Top Bottom