Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

who is eating protein bars while bulking

Bernit tov

Hi guys, two questions about protein bars, 1. how many to have a day while bulking and lifting heavy 2. I will be buying a lot at least for 5 months supply, what should I look for on the ingredients and nutritional values to chose the best? thank you..

Protein bars are great for those needed times when you can't eat real food. I would never buy a 5 month supply. After a while I have to switch up flavors or I can't get it down. I only eat them if I'm stuck in traffic or for a snack during work. If you're trying to bulk load up on protein and calories. Those Metrx 100 bars are more meal replacements but should help. If I remember the Oh Yeah bars have a good amount of calories and protein too and they're more of a protein bar. I think I cut both those due to the sugar abs the fact I'm no longer bulking. The big dogs/ dudes who know there shit on this forum hate on bars, pre workout drinks, and too many shakes. They are all about getting your food from the real thing. Not that bars are bad, they're great for times. Just something I wouldn't consume more than one a day. Eat big, train hard, take your supplements, and get good sleep! You will get there buddy[emoji1320]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protein bars have between 180 and 350 or more calories per bar. they are very calorie dense. that is a lot of calories and companies make them taste good otherwise nobody would buy them right? that means they contain lots of sugar which is our enemy in fitness

i understand your are bulking but i would not depend on protein bars, maybe 1 per day before your workout to give your body something to burn through during your workout. but even then i would rather you eat a proper pre workout meal

the only times i mess with protein bars myself is when I am fishing for hours and i need something that won't spoil in the hot sun.

protein bars/cookies taste awesome but the macros really aren't great. It would basically be the equivalent of drinking a protein shake and eating a cookie.

The problem with protein bars/cookies is that they have a lot of carbs and fat in them. To make the product into a bar or cookie, they need to add carbohydrate and fat binders. Even a low calorie protein bar is going to have at least 5-6g of fat and 20-25g of fat.

A protein shake on the other hand will be virtually carbohydrate and fat free. You get the high quality whey protein without any of the additional calories.

I would stick with a high quality whey isolate and then add in oatmeal, fresh fruit, natural almond butter etc. to increase calories. It'll be way cheaper and provide much better nutrition then protein bars.

I don't think I could live without my morning shake. Muskate just nailed it. Protein bars are crap really. I eat meat and veggies. Takes 30 mins to cook 3lbs of chicken and steam 20g of veggies. Mix in peanut butter for a preworkout and a boiled egg here or there or rice depending on needs. Starch veggies with low fat in the day and no starch with some fat in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might as well just eat a chocolate bar. It is going to taste better and have the same nutritional value. Basically bars are garbage. So much crap in there just to make them hold their shape. If you need extra protein just increase your lean meat sizes or add in a shake where necessary.

Top Bottom