Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is white fish all the same?

Hened

Is white fish all the same, or there can be some kinds that are especially healthy? I see everyday a very wide selection of white fish in the supermarket, but always sturggle choosing one, because I want to get the best....can you enlighten me please?

Sure we can enlighten you! White fish is almost the same, and there will barely be any differences between the different kinds of white fish. These differences will be absolutely minimal, so there is no need to worry about that. So choose the one that tastes the best for you and is the freshest. Red fish is a bit different in that it has very healthy fatty acids, so it is also very nice to implement it into the nutrition plan, at least once per week.

Organic VS Conventional

Fatty acids are essential to health and are one of the key areas where organic and conventional meats differ. Two recently published meta-analyses assessed the differences in fatty acid composition between organic and conventionally raised meat and dairy products. We’ll look at the findings of each in more detail.

Meat: The amount of saturated fat was similar in organic and conventional meat, while monounsaturated fats were slightly lower in organic meats. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids were 47 percent higher in organic meat (4). Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and have been shown to be protective against cardiovascular disease and cognitive decline.

Dairy: The amount of saturated, monounsaturated, and total polyunsaturated fatty acids was similar in organic and conventional milk. Organic milk had 69 percent higher alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) than conventional milk. ALA is known to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol and enhance its clearance from the bloodstream. Organic milk also had 41 percent higher conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and 57 percent higher omega-3 fatty acids.

So what about the organic method is driving this difference? The authors suggest that the pasture-based diets prescribed under organic farming standards are the primary reason for differences in fat deposition in the meat. This is consistent with differences seen between grain-fed and grass-fed animals, as we’ll come back to later on.

certain fish have more DHT and omega 3's.. the fatty fish do

you want to get fatty wild fish.

keep in mind salmon is sold as wild legally, but in reality they are actually fed slop and technically farm raised. authentic wild salmon is extremely rare i hate to break it to you.

this is why i prefer to catch my own fish, i know exactly what i am eating and where that fish has been

Most wild caught white fish have very similar nutrient profiles but stay away from tilapia. I wouldn't feed tilapia to my worst enemy.

Google 'tilapia fish farm' and watch some videos. They literally feed the fish chicken shit. They are raised in overly crowed polluted fish tanks. It's disgusting.

Watch a couple videos on tilapia fish farming and I promise you will never eat tilapia again.

Thanks @muskate for the headsup! I will avoid the Tilapia. Other than that I understand that it is a matter of taste - right?

Thanks @muskate for the headsup! I will avoid the Tilapia. Other than that I understand that it is a matter of taste - right?

Pretty much. Wild caught sole, pollock, haddock and cod all have pretty much identical nutrient profiles.

Top Bottom