Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

While cutting, who don't eat carbs post workout?

MrRTTB

I take about 55-60g Whey protein after my workout. With that one tablespoon with dextros. Acording to some you don't need the High GI carbs postworkout, anbd acording to some you do. I think it depends on the diet your doing, if you use a low carb diet would need carbs post workout, but if following a 1/3 1/3 1/3 diet, how much would one need post workout?

I dont eat carbs post workout but I train with very very low reps to there isnt much demand for glucose in my workouts either.

I don't use carbs post workout, and I don't seem to suffer for it. I carb cycle 2 days/ week, but keep my carbs very low the rest of the time. I think if you're eating enough fat, you're ok.

I only eat carbs post-workout if I feel myself going seriously hypoglycemic, and need to bring my blood sugar back up rapidly. Happens maybe one out of every ten sessions...?

Don't forget that protein is 58% glucogenic, and fat is 10% glucogenic, so if your body needs glycogen, it doesn't need carbs to produce it. You're just saving yourself some recovery time and enzymatic reactions if you DO re-carb post-workout.

I'd recommend carbing up post-workout. I've gone both ways, and to be honest, the carb up seems to be beneficial for me. Just do it in moderation

Top Bottom