Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whey protein fake food?

steinBird

Did anyone see the article about how protein powder companies being sold at walmart were busted for putting garbage in them in place of whey to make the testing think its really whey protein? This was done by several companies including body fortress. I also read that they add in a lot of fake crap to boost protein dosing on the label like amino acids.

Whey protein is not fake food, there are fake amino acids of course but whey is cheap they rarely fake it.

I wouldn't call whey protein "fake" food but it is a very low quality processed cheese byproduct. Not something I consume.

Did anyone see the article about how protein powder companies being sold at walmart were busted for putting garbage in them in place of whey to make the testing think its really whey protein? This was done by several companies including body fortress. I also read that they add in a lot of fake crap to boost protein dosing on the label like amino acids.

There are a lot of ways they can spike the protein with cheap ingredients like coffee creamer and collagen that will show up as protein on the simple tests. This has been done for years by the large companies trying to squeeze out margins on millions of tubs produced. It is always best to shop from the smaller boutique brands that care more about quality for each customer and not the margins on huge wholesale orders of tubs.

Top Bottom