Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When I decided to train for a natural competition I -

M

MohawkMuscle

emailed a guy from my gym who was on team natural canada and was a great natural bodybuilder.

This is the advice he gave me.

Hey ,
Just got back from San Diego last night. The education never stops. You've asked a few questions and I'll give you my best advice. Nice site I tried to get a picture with your name but I couldn't find one. If that's you on the front page....that's pretty huge! I'll tell you the truth dude, Body building doesn't impress me one iota. I can say that because I've competed 7 times won twice was on the national level, oh ya, wow...I was on natural team Canada. What impresses me was all the bullshit that I was willing to consume and believe and all the people that made money off my back. Those were my choices and I have absolutely no regrets. But you asked me for my advice....so here it is. Get out of bodybuilding. It disables you from doing a lot more important things in life. I could tell you about horror stories about the pro bodybuilding life you may know about already.
You can do anything you want in life and if that's your choice...cool. It's up to you.
The Natural bodybuilding circuit is just as full of shit. What other sport costs you money to go in, on the national level, that any other sport doesn't. Oh ya they make money. Hockey players, golfers, football players, etc....it doesn't cost them it makes them millions.
Make a list of what you get and what you give to your bodybuilding career. Like a debit and credit list. How much time, money, pain, supplements, accessories etc.....and then what you get. For me I remember If a chicky noticed me as big or built that seemed to me as worth the sacrifice. It's about value for me...and I got nothing back. Personal Training has gone well for me for the past ten years. I also put 20k in my education that most trainers haven't. Business is my goal now. I still love training although it's changed drastically from the early days because of the early mistakes learned in the beginning.

That's my honest advice,
Good luck,

I wanna hang up my posing trunks before I even buy them!!!

You've got to ask yourself why it is that you want to compete in the first place. This guy that gave you the advice sounds like a complete moron, sorry. If he knowingly started competing on the hope and aspiration that he would be financially rewarded by being a competitive bodybuilder, then he is either very naive or just plain stupid.

If competing to make money is your goal, then i agree, leave the posing trunks on the shelf. If your goal is self satisfaction and validation of your hard training and dieting to achieve the physique you have, then go for it.

Otherwise, that's the worst advice i've ever heard. You really need to evaluate what you want to get out of competing before you waste your time and money.

I just wanna have some kind of past time to enjoy.... Im not looking to be a pro or make money, just have fun.

This guy emails me again saying it will cost me 2000.00 for his help or 200.00 for a nutrition consultation.

Just curious, can't you ahve used steroids and still call yourself "natural"

I have heard that you can.

ANyone know the facts??

Whiskey

you have to be natural for 1 year for certain contests.

Ahhhhhhh, I see, I didn't know if it meant like you could have used, but years ago like 5, 10 or however many and they went on your honesty or what. kewl, thanks.

Whiskey

when training for a contest, most people train hard for 4 months...

what do I do for the other 8 month? I always train hard.

MohawkMuscle,

I can understand where your friend was coming from. At the nationall level, you have to LIVE bodybuilding, not just be a bodybuilder.

You're right. When people ask me how long did I train for my show, I usually answer "12 years". They give this funny look.

I will have to agree that the last 2-3 months you train like crazy. Last week, I did a drop set on squats from 495 to 305 to 225 to 135 until I could not stand. 5 minutes later after I could see again, I went back for more. That's not bad for a "life time" natural middle weight.

guys I will say this and many of you wont like it, "Bodybuilding is nothing but a dead end road!" Hell even for the pro bb's its not all that glorious, they make 0 for money, and are addicted to drugs their whole life. To train and be big and look good is one thing, but to make your whole life revolve around training and bbing to become a pro or whatever has no value and is a big waste of time, I could see it if the pros got paid multi million dollars, but hell they are mostly drug addicted fags.

Top Bottom