Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When to drink shake while lifting?

Terpsfan8489

Hey guys, sorry this is my first post, I may have put this in the wrong thread. You can move it if it's wrong.

I have a quick question about drinking protein shakes with my workout. 4 days a week I have a pretty intense weight lifting session at the gym, followed by usually 20-30 minutes of cardio. When should I take my post-workout shake, before or after the cardio?

I have always heard that you should get your post-workout shake within 30 minutes of your workout, but I didn't know whether or not this included the cardio. Should I lift, drink the shake, then run, or save the shake till after I finish everything? Need some advice, thanks!

Seems like a simple question but depending on how technical you wana get there's alot of varibles in there....
My quick basic answer would be after weight lifting, your going to get alot of mixed opinions an answers

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I am trying to gain some mass, and burn off the last little bit of fat I have left on my body, but gaining mass is my priority, not fat loss. Usually by the time I finish my lifting, my body is pretty drained and tired, and I do the cardio at the end just to help me burn the fat off my body. So I figured it might be better to take the shake before the cardio, cause that's when my muscles are pretty exhausted, it's just more of hassle to take it before my cardio, and I didn't know if it would make a significant difference when I drank it.

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I am trying to gain some mass, and burn off the last little bit of fat I have left on my body, but gaining mass is my priority, not fat loss. Usually by the time I finish my lifting, my body is pretty drained and tired, and I do the cardio at the end just to help me burn the fat off my body. So I figured it might be better to take the shake before the cardio, cause that's when my muscles are pretty exhausted, it's just more of hassle to take it before my cardio, and I didn't know if it would make a significant difference when I drank it.

shake pre cardio will ensure that the cardio you do will burn zero fat. whey protein alone would spike insulin enough to blunt fat burning. i would wait. there is no mythical window of time to eat something. that was made up by the supplement companies to sell you shit you dont need.

That's a good idea!

IMO cardio is best in the morning and weights later in the day, shedules ofcourse gets in the way somtimes
in that case I like this idea

Thanks for the help. Yeah I don't really have lots of time around school and work, usually 2 hours on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays, so I go for the combined weightlift/cardio, with some cardio on the weekends. I prefer running in the morning too, but it just doesn't workout. I usually run a little before I lift, try to stay moving between sets to keep my heartrate up, and then run for a while after. But thanks for the advice on the shakes!

Hey guys, sorry this is my first post, I may have put this in the wrong thread. You can move it if it's wrong.

I have a quick question about drinking protein shakes with my workout. 4 days a week I have a pretty intense weight lifting session at the gym, followed by usually 20-30 minutes of cardio. When should I take my post-workout shake, before or after the cardio?

I have always heard that you should get your post-workout shake within 30 minutes of your workout, but I didn't know whether or not this included the cardio. Should I lift, drink the shake, then run, or save the shake till after I finish everything? Need some advice, thanks!

if you are doing the cardio for cardio vascular health drink the shake first. if you are doing the cardio to burn fat do it as soon as you get up in the morning before you eat.

That's a good idea!

IMO cardio is best in the morning and weights later in the day, shedules ofcourse gets in the way somtimes
in that case I like this idea

I forgot to quote but I was refering to burnthiscorpse, I like that idea....
But like I said and Joe confirms cardio morning is best..
I believe in the window time after a workout to be true and won't even train unless I know it's lined up for me.

Top Bottom