Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats the easiest way to get 400+ grams protein everyday?

Toozee said:

What kind of ratio's do you shoot for usually ?

I don't bother with ratios until contest time. I've read enough food labels in my lifetime to have an idea where I am. A guess would be 50-30-20 carbs-protein-fat but that's just a guess. I'm not a big eater so I watch the protein intake, limit my junk intake and the rest falls into place. I'd rather put that extra effort into training.

humanoid said:
To get back to the original topic......eating 400+ grams of protein daily isn't that difficult. Here's a rough guideline for what I do:

Meal #1: Protein Shake - 3 scoops of powder w/16oz skim milk (85 grams)

Meal #2: Peanut butter sandwich, banana, and MetRx RTD shake (65 grams)

Meal #3: 2 chicken breasts, steamed rice, 16oz skim milk (80 grams)

Meal #4: Protein bar, Isopure zero carb protein drink (69 grams)

Meal #5: 2 hamburgers (4% lean), 1 can of tuna (80 grams)

Meal #6: Protein Shake - 3 scoops of powder w/16oz skim milk (85 grams)

That's 464 grams of protein. My meals are every 3 hours.

There you go guys. That is not a great deal of food either.

BodyByFinaplix said:
Wow this thread is silly. Bear in mind the EFA's are of equal importance as protien for gaining muscle mass. Guys, on my last bulking phase I ate 550 grams of protien every day BEFORE adding in shakes. Meat, meat and more meat. Also, if you are only eating 6 meals a day, why bother to eat that much protien? Its a waste. 10-12 meals a day on a true mass building cycle is really essential, especially if you are juicing and hitting each body part at least 3 times a week (which you should be doing for optimal gains).

IMO, working each body part 3 times a week is both unnecessary and over training. your muscles cannot recover fast enough to go full out three times a week. One to two times wk - max.

jonny jacked said:

IMO, working each body part 3 times a week is both unnecessary and over training. your muscles cannot recover fast enough to go full out three times a week. One to two times wk - max.

There are alot of guys on the training forum advocating 3 times a week per bodypart these days, and it has worked for alot of bodybuilders and atheletes in the past. So are we talking opinion or a belief based on obversatoin?

BodyByFinaplix said:

There are alot of guys on the training forum advocating 3 times a week per bodypart these days, and it has worked for alot of bodybuilders and atheletes in the past. So are we talking opinion or a belief based on obversatoin?

I’m talking about from personal experience. I have trained both ways. In the past, (when I was not as educated), I trained each body part three times a week. Once I realized that the reason I could not do nearly as much weight by the third time around was because I was burnt out – I switched to once a week. My gains now dwarf the progress/time ratio from my past routine. Just because body builders in the past did things one way does not mean that they were correct. We are always finding better and more productive ways of achieving our goals –the method of once a week is just another example of this advancement

BodyByFinaplex: can you post a link to your routine? I thought you posted it on the training forum but cant find it..

I try to hit each body part 3x a week as well.. but i only do 2 sets per part and i normally do my whole body at once or split it into 2 parts.. if i split i might get 3x one week and then 2 the next .. or maybe just 2 depending on schedule.. i get great results iwth higher frequency and less volume..

Judo Tom said:
BodyByFinaplex: can you post a link to your routine? I thought you posted it on the training forum but cant find it..

I try to hit each body part 3x a week as well.. but i only do 2 sets per part and i normally do my whole body at once or split it into 2 parts.. if i split i might get 3x one week and then 2 the next .. or maybe just 2 depending on schedule.. i get great results iwth higher frequency and less volume..

Currently I'm hitting calves,chest,delts and triceps on one workout, and thighs, back, traps, biceps and forarms on another. On some weeks I go in for extra sessions and hit the same muscle twice in a day, or do the second group that evening, and hit each body part 4-5 times a week, but most of the time I'm just doing each 3 times, on a two way split.

I only do single sets for a few dominant bodyparts, and most of the time I do drop sets, supersets or trisets for 2-4 sets per body part. My first set tends to be in the 4-6 rep range for most of my sets, but often on the drop sets or super sets I go as high as 12 on the preceeding sets. On occasoin, on a heavy set, I'll have a spotter(s) help with forced reps and or forced negatives. Currently I'm changing my routine up slightly at each workout, so I don't have a set routine to post in its entirety. Someonewhere on the forum I have an old one posted of what I was doing several months ago, but it might take awhile for me to dig it up.

I'm like you, in the regard that I get better results with high frequincy and low volume.

damn bbf 52 inch chest is getting up there

and dont be hating on andy dick bros i know the personally he a good guy :)

juicedmullet said:

$1.09 everyday. hell yeah. Have you ever seen those at sam's club? i bet they have them there.

I've bought them at Costco but I can't recall the price. I don't think it was incredibly cheap.

Top Bottom