Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats the easiest way to get 400+ grams protein everyday?

BodyByFinaplix said:

Hmm... I don't know, ask every Mr. Olympia before 1981 how they recovered. Prior to Menzer and Jones entering the scene, guys like Arnold and Ferigno seemed to be growing just fine on this frequincy, using less drugs than most amature level bodybuilders use today.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe bodybuilding is the only sport that relies heavily on weight training as the primary form of exercise, where any of the champions train a body part once a week, and the best guys in the sport train alot more frequintly. Why are so many juiceheads worried about overtraining? Alot of natural guys make great gains with high frequincy training, and the primary advantage enhanced atheletes have is accelerated recovery ability.

I gained 31 ibs and a great deal of strength, after taking the picture in my avatar, quite well training each body part 3 times a week. I never felt over-trained, or had periods of time in by bulking phase where I didn't gain strength or weight.

Well, I don't think I deserved the condescending tone, it was a legitimate question. Your response insinuated that 3x per week is an obviously superior method. I would strongly disagree with that.

I've gained a few pounds of muscle in my day too, and it came a shitload faster on 1x per week. But, everyones different I guess. I can't even imagine what a training schedule for 3x per week would look like. My personal opinion is once you reach a decent base level of mass, it is heavier poundages that create material amounts of additional mass, period. To focus on increasing lifts, substantial amounts of recup time are required. But - that time has to be put to productive use, meaning your eating and resting and when you hit the gym again, you are pounding it heavier.

Re: New thread on this topic

Anakin said:
There should be new thread on this topic, but anything on the training board doesn't get as many replies.

Actually, Arthur Jones recommended full body workouts 3 times a week with all out intensity!! (He has written the most intelligent stuff on training, in my opinion. look at the nautilus bulletins)

Dogg Crap recommends each body part 2 times per week too.

Your statement on the dogg crapp method is misleading. He advocates UP TO 2x per week, with his base routine around 1.5x per week, I think. But, his program uses a very limited number of sets per bodypart.

This is very different than what bodybyfinaplex is suggesting, a full workout and each bodypart 3x per week.

How many people BUILT a national/pro level physique with Arthur Jones' methods? And before you mention Mentzer, Viator & Oliva not one of them BUILT their physiques using his methods. Besides, that 2-4 sets a bodypart routine burns very little calories so it's terrible for a contest routine. A long long long time ago I read one of Mentzer pre-contest diet logs in a magazine.....less than 1,000 calories day.

I simply eat 30-50 g of protein with my meals 6-8 times a day, which is every 2-3 hrs.

I think people that achieve pro level physique would achieve it with any training method. Genetics are so important it pisses me off. If I don't train for 2 weeks I dissapear... I have a friend who doesn't train for a month and he still looks better than everyone else (and he has never used gear). I've trained with him, and he doesn't train that hard or anything, plus he eats like a regular person, i.e. 3 times per day regular food.

I'm not sold on A. Jones' methods and I think the HIT camp in general blows (not many big people doing it), but you have to acknowledge that apparently everyone who went to Deland to train with Jones in the 70s got good gains, including pros like Franco Columbo and Viator.

Dial_tone said:
How many people BUILT a national/pro level physique with Arthur Jones' methods? And before you mention Mentzer, Viator & Oliva not one of them BUILT their physiques using his methods. Besides, that 2-4 sets a bodypart routine burns very little calories so it's terrible for a contest routine. A long long long time ago I read one of Mentzer pre-contest diet logs in a magazine.....less than 1,000 calories day.

To get back to the original topic......eating 400+ grams of protein daily isn't that difficult. Here's a rough guideline for what I do:

Meal #1: Protein Shake - 3 scoops of powder w/16oz skim milk (85 grams)

Meal #2: Peanut butter sandwich, banana, and MetRx RTD shake (65 grams)

Meal #3: 2 chicken breasts, steamed rice, 16oz skim milk (80 grams)

Meal #4: Protein bar, Isopure zero carb protein drink (69 grams)

Meal #5: 2 hamburgers (4% lean), 1 can of tuna (80 grams)

Meal #6: Protein Shake - 3 scoops of powder w/16oz skim milk (85 grams)

That's 464 grams of protein. My meals are every 3 hours.

Starkist tuna & crackers snack pack & glass of 2% milk = 40 grams

Vectork39 said:
hey BodyByFina, what are your measurements? its hard to tell , to put things in perspective i really dont know how big you are. and i'll try to put up some pics

Currently my bodyweight is fluxating between 216 and 220 (was 231 in the pictures, but have been dieting a bit)
Arms and calves 18.5"
Chest 52"
waist 32-33"
Thights 29"

Top Bottom