Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats the best way to cook Chicken Breasts?!?

i was thinking the same thing but personally i dont think the nutrition facts change that much when you cook a chicken breast, or an egg.......

I don't know, I had always heard that it did. Now it might not break down the protein in chicken but i do know cooking will break down stuff in other foods. Just a thought.

Chicken as juicy as a woman after a few good drinks.

I myself think the fastest and easyest way to cook it is in a George Forman grill. About 10 mins. and it done. Most people have dry meat because they don't think it is done and cook it to long. Answer, A meat thermometer. 180 deg. and its done. Take it out, wrap in tin foil, and let sit for 10 to 15 mins. This lets the meat rest and will bring the juices back in to it. Another way to really put the juices into meat is to lick it just a few mins. longer. Just ask a women.lol

A little overdone is better than underdone...you do NOT want salmonella! Been there, done that, not going back!

If you're baking chicken in an oven, keep it covered except at the very end and add a little water or broth at the bottom of the pan. If it's on a bbq grill, use a medium heat so it doesn't boil the juices out (marinades help if you have time, even just smothering it with some spices or mustard and let it sit for an hour or over night). If it's in a pan on the stove, med/high heat and you can always add a little chicken broth to keep it moist if you're cooking it covered, or a little olive oil on high heat if you want to brown it uncovered.

I'm curious about that 2, does grilling chicken reduce the protein? Or any meat for that matter? I prefer the foreman personally. Easy and throw some mrs dash on the breast afterwards can't beat it with a stick. Sure you can take it off after the right amount of time and have it juicy and perfect but that defeats the purpose of the foreman! Plug it in drop a chicken breast on it, go do something else come back in 15-20 and it's done, you dont even have to worry about it. Might not be perfect but hey it's cooked!

needtobeswoledup said:
I'm curious about that 2, does grilling chicken reduce the protein? Or any meat for that matter?

Not to any degree that would matter to a bodybuilder trying to meet daily protein requirements.

If the alternative is leaving it slightly undercooked - I agree whole heartedly with MrsPuddlesFL.....the risk of salmonella would not make "saving" some of the protein worth it.

But I assume you're more concerned that really charring those suckers will destroy the protein content - and I again, I say no - not to any significant degree that should concern you.

Just because you're "dieting" in a way, doesn't mean you have to skimp on taste...

Experiment with different spices (Clubhouse has some good rub marinades and spices that aren't up there in calories, carbs or sodium...)

Throw those babies on the grill or the barbeque!!

needtobeswoledup, Are you crazy I'm suprised that your chicken isn't charcoal. You should have to go no longer than 11 mins for thawed chick breast. Meat thermometer people, meat thermometer. Temperature doesn't lie.

Top Bottom