Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What would happen if I ate a protein only meal?

gonelifting

Elite Mentur
EF VIP
I usually eat it with fats or carbs. I know there are two camps on this and don`t wanna open up another can of worms, so I`ll just ask about the protein only meal. I guess in the form of a protein shake, because chicken would have fat with it. Maybe tuna would be protein only. Not sure. but anyway... Answer the damn question.

How would it digest? Is`nt there supposed to be fats in there or something for an anabolic effect? I have no idea.

gonelifting said:
I usually eat it with fats or carbs. I know there are two camps on this and don`t wanna open up another can of worms, so I`ll just ask about the protein only meal. I guess in the form of a protein shake, because chicken would have fat with it. Maybe tuna would be protein only. Not sure. but anyway... Answer the damn question.

How would it digest? Is`nt there supposed to be fats in there or something for an anabolic effect? I have no idea.

^^^you deserve a beating......

Then your wife, daughter and I can laugh at you as you writhe in pain.

DIV

:chomp:

What the???????

Answer the damn question!

Are you ready for 268 Red points? Huh? Are you? faggers.

IN layman's terms:

Roughly 40-70% of it would turn into glucose to be used as fuel (depending on a number of different factors), and would act as a low GI carb (unless its whey protien which might yeild a higher GI due to its absorbsion rate).

The other thing that would happen quite fast is a noticable drop in testosterone productions, and elevated SHBG levels. This almost always happens with men when they eat a meal that contains less than 20% of its calories from fat. So that anabolic effect of the protien be reduced. And without EFA's present, new muscle tissue doesn't grow anyways. So if one were to go on a protien only diet (zero carbs and fat), one would gain virtually no muscle mass during this time. It would eventually kill you of course. Not the lack of carbs, which can be sythesised from protein, but lack of fat.

BodyByFinaplix said:
Roughly 40-70% of it would turn into glucose to be used as fuel (depending on a number of different factors), and would act as a low GI carb (unless its whey protien which might yeild a higher GI due to its absorbsion rate).

Bro I'm confused here. I thought glucose was a high GI simple sugar? If protein is converted to glucose surely that would be the equivalent of consuming glucose by itself?

Do you happen to know the approximate GI equivalent of chicken when it's converted to glucose?

Thanks.

mcr said:
Bro I'm confused here. I thought glucose was a high GI simple sugar? If protein is converted to glucose surely that would be the equivalent of consuming glucose by itself?

Do you happen to know the approximate GI equivalent of chicken when it's converted to glucose?

Thanks.

i believe it acts as a low gi carb source because the whole process takes a long time.

eating table sugar will raise your insulin levels quickly because it is rapidly absorbed and digested enters teh blood stream

this process takes much longer if its chicken

again i might be wrong but i would guess im at least close?

Reactions: mcr
Top Bottom