Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what type of diet to lose flab?

northernguy

Hi there!
I am a 45, year old male who has been training seriously for the past 16 years. %ft8,155, but has a layer of flab that i can't seem to loose. Any suggestions as to the best diet and supplements, fat burners etc. to get rid of the fat?

True it is harder as you get older. Eating no carbs is not the answer. Eat carbs, but sensibly. Do morning cardio, and just watch what you eat. Fast foods, ice cream, snacks, only once in a while. Eat carbs though, sut out carbs after about 300 in the afternoon.

Extremes are not the way to go

If you think sensibly about the whole thing you can figure it out for your self. The whole losing the fat thing comes down to this expend more energy than you take in. So with this in mind you can start to calculate how many calories you are taking in a day. If you want to lose fat you need to create a deficit of energy. The number for this is to cut your 500 calories below your basal rate (basal rate I think is bodyweight X 12 = daily caloric intake) . I would definately look at what your shovelling into your self. Get rid of all sweet stuffs that kick your insulin levels way up. If anyones gonna be jackin your insulin levels you want to be doing it in a controlled fashion. Clean diet , clean carbs , cardio ....hmmm yes the three c's of a slim bod. heheh. So do your cardio for 30- 60 mins a day first thing before breakfast. Workout with weights four days a week in the 6-12 rep range. Eat six meals a day roughly. Your diet will consist of complex carbs rice pasta etc protein will be lean beef,chicken, tuna fish etc. Don't forget the number one leading fat loss supplement WATER!!!! drink all day long reasonable sip sip sip!!. Have all your goals set out before you start and reward yourself with a treat once a week and get as much knowledge as possible. Fat burner Ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin but make sure you have no heart problems and get a doc checkup before you start any of this. peace :D

I think at your age, an adequate amount of every micronutrient is required dialy, as a result: take a look at the following ratios. 50%protein/30%carbs/20%fat.
Your daily calorie intake can be aroun weight x 14...so if you are 155lb x 14=2170 calories a day, now add a simple deficit of 10% and your daily calorie intake should be around 1950 calories.

FAT should mostly (95%) come from EFA's like: flaxseed oil, sesamese seed oil, sunflowerseed oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, peanut oil, fish oils, (fish)
Low-GI carbs: oatmeal, brown-rice, yams, beans, sweet-potato
Lean Proteins...try to at least get a serving of each type of protein...milk,casein,whey,soy,egg

Mr.X :cool:

NorthernGuy,
Welcome!
In any spare time you may have from cooking up these healthy, non-prossed foods- enjoy the boards!

Mr X,
I'm a newbee and I have a question for you. I'm 43 and I'm ashamed of the way I look. I am currently going to the Gym 6 days a week for cardio and 3 days of lifting . My diet for the past 4 weeks has been grilled chicken and sauteed veg, with tuna for inbetween meals. I drink 2 Protien shakes a day, 1 morning & 1 night. I am using hydroxycut as a fat burner to help shed the fat. Do you have any suggestions for a quicker fat loss?

thanks
:angel:

Dear Rawampler,

Well, first-off, let me congratulate you on taking the big step into a healthy lifestyle. Now, as far as diet, yours looks good, I do not see why changes would be necessary at this point. As long as fat-loss is occuring I would not recommend changes in the current eating/workingout/cardio. On the other hand, if you are not losing fat and you are not making progress then, in turn, we need to change your program around. What are your stats (weight/height/bf%(bodyfat)/years lifting/daily workout routine..high reps low reps?/cardio)?
What is your time frame?

You are welcome to PM me.
Mr.X :cool:

revwampler said:
Mr X,
I'm a newbee and I have a question for you. I'm 43 and I'm ashamed of the way I look. I am currently going to the Gym 6 days a week for cardio and 3 days of lifting . My diet for the past 4 weeks has been grilled chicken and sauteed veg, with tuna for inbetween meals. I drink 2 Protien shakes a day, 1 morning & 1 night. I am using hydroxycut as a fat burner to help shed the fat. Do you have any suggestions for a quicker fat loss?

thanks
:angel:
Switch to lifting 4 or 5 days with a little less cardio, drink thermospeed by worldwide or speed stack by American bodybuilding- both are the ECA Stak, take vanadyl sulfate 3 times a day and drink 3 protein and flax oil shakes a day.

Top Bottom