Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's the difference between CKD and Atkins?

dgruns

They both sound like the same excact diet, low carb, med-high fat, high protein. So what's the deal, i am cutting, and everyone says to do CKD. I planned on doing Atkins for a while, but i really can't figure out the difference between CKD and Atkins.

in my opinion, Atkins is for people who don't work out and CKD is for people that do weights aswell as cardio, I personally feel that a CKD is a lot more healthy too, promoting good fats, like flax, olive oil...etc where as Atkins is more saturated fat like bacon, cheese...etc!

I have not done Atkins, but in the past I did a CKD. I have studied Atkins a bit and I think that with Atkins, you can take in a lot more fat than on CKD. I could be wrong as I haven't gone into great detail on the Atkins diet. Bam

Can someone explain or give me a link that explains how excactly to do CKD, with the carb ups and all? I checked c-k-d.com and the stickies, but i am a moron when it comes to dieting, and i can't understand it, and c-k-d.com just said what foods to eat and what not to eat, nothing about carb ups or anything. Thanks.

dgruns said:
Can someone explain or give me a link that explains how excactly to do CKD, with the carb ups and all? I checked c-k-d.com and the stickies, but i am a moron when it comes to dieting, and i can't understand it, and c-k-d.com just said what foods to eat and what not to eat, nothing about carb ups or anything. Thanks.

Simply pick one day a week to carb up on good carbs like yams and things like that. When I am just dieting and not getting ready for a show, I eat everything I want on my cheat day. Try a search under ckd or look up some of Mr. X's ckd programs. I think he know a good bit about them. Bam

I have quite a bit of bf to lose should i be doing a carb-up or should i stay in ketosis? If i do a carb up will this slow my fat loss progress?

well im not sure about bf percentage or anything like that, but its a lot of fat. ive seen my abs at around 185-190, i currently weigh approximately 225-230, with not a great about of muscle mass. so which would be more advantageous?

thanks

Top Bottom