Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's the best thing to eat right before bed to promote fat burning all night long?

I don't know if a certain food would promote a greater fat loss than another during the night. But I do think that it's better to eat a solid food type meal instead of a shake. I say this because shakes are easily digested and if you eat, let's say 40g chicken and 10-15g of complex carbs just to assimilate the protein, then your stomach would have something to gnarl on all night.

So the food would stay in your stomach longer and the body would burn fat longer AND you would have a slower digesting protein to feed your muscles so that you don't loose size due to catabolism. What does everyone else think about this?

Casein protein, something like cheese, just avoid the carbs.
The body consumes casein protein over a longer period of time than whey.

Casein protein is supposed to be digested over a 6-8 hour period. This is due to the various changes the protein goes through (it converts to a gel within the body, and is then absorbed by the intestines.) I would use a mixture of casein and whey before bed, this would give you approximately 8 hours of protection against catabolism.

However, If fatburning where my goal the only thing I may take before bed is glutamine. It has no calories, and has anecdotal studies supporting it's gh releasing properties, and it is anticatabolic.. However, I would not consume calories at least an hour or 2 prior to going to sleep.

A great night meal is a prot/fat/fibre meal.

About 30g Protein(Casein is Ok)
Roughly 10g Fat and 2-3g fibre

This is what I call "sustained release" protein.

Just get 40g protein powder w/ 20g natural Peanut
butter and voila.
Roughly 300Kcal.

You NEED fat. Casein by itself is not enough to remain
in an anabolic state all night long. Fat slows
down the absorption of the casein.

Godspeed

edgecrusher said:
Casein protein is supposed to be digested over a 6-8 hour period. This is due to the various changes the protein goes through (it converts to a gel within the body, and is then absorbed by the intestines.) I would use a mixture of casein and whey before bed, this would give you approximately 8 hours of protection against catabolism.

However, If fatburning where my goal the only thing I may take before bed is glutamine. It has no calories, and has anecdotal studies supporting it's gh releasing properties, and it is anticatabolic.. However, I would not consume calories at least an hour or 2 prior to going to sleep.

Edgecrusher,

I'm just curious as to why u wouldn't consume 1-2 hours before u go to sleep? If u are sleeping for 8 hours, whats the difference if u eat 3 hours or 1 hour before u go to bed?

Stiffler said:
So mixing flax oil with Casein that would work wouldn't?:rolleyes:

Yes. But PB tastes better..... :)

Godspeed

Top Bottom