Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what is psyllium fiber husk ??

no its a natural husk of a big seed or soething, popular in india

i think its the husk of a seed or bean. something like that.....

Psyllium is a soluble fiber that comes from a plant most commonly grown in India. Although it is often labeled a laxative, it is not. Soluble fiber becomes gelatinous and sticky in water. It is not absorbed in the small bowel. It is broken down in the large bowel and becomes a food source for the bacteria that live in the colon. These healthy bacteria bulk up the stool, creating larger softer stool which is easier to pass. Other soluble fibers include oats, oat bran, fruit pectins, beans, and guar gum. Incidently, after psyllium is metabolized in the colon, some of it is absorbed and so adds some calories to the diet.

WODIN said:
Psyllium is a soluble fiber that comes from a plant most commonly grown in India. Although it is often labeled a laxative, it is not. Soluble fiber becomes gelatinous and sticky in water. It is not absorbed in the small bowel. It is broken down in the large bowel and becomes a food source for the bacteria that live in the colon. These healthy bacteria bulk up the stool, creating larger softer stool which is easier to pass. Other soluble fibers include oats, oat bran, fruit pectins, beans, and guar gum. Incidently, after psyllium is metabolized in the colon, some of it is absorbed and so adds some calories to the diet.

I could not have said it better myself,,,,

Psyllium husk is probably one of the better fibers, not only for the texture and taste but also for it's fast acting life. It's comparable to Metamucill, minus the sugars and gritty taste.

www.beyond-a-century.com
carries it

Mr.X

Top Bottom