Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what protein bars or meal replacement bars do u like the most?

ELEcKTRA

i was thinking about getting some as snacks or meal replacements .... which ones are the good and YUMMY ones?? better if they dont have that much fat ... :worried:

ELEcKTRA said:
i was thinking about getting some as snacks or meal replacements .... which ones are the good and YUMMY ones?? better if they dont have that much fat ... :worried:

My fave is EAS Advant-Edge Carb Control. They would be your best bet. My fave flavors are the Chocolate Creme Pie, Cookies & Cream,Chocolate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp.

Most of them have around:

3-4g of impact carbs
21 grams of protien
& Under 250 calories a bar(depending on the bar)

But MAKE SURE it says "Carb Control" if you are watching your sugar or else buy the regular EAS Advant-Edge bars that are made with sugar but trust me the carb control ones taste great!

Muscle Sandwhiches :p great pre work out :p Not that much protien in them like 13g carbs not to bad 20g total. I really don't by that net carb stuff but that is just my opnion. Even protien bars and MR should not be eating that often like once or twice a week max. Best to get your meals from real food rather then over processed stuff.

Meal Replacement bars will have more fat in them - as well as more carbs. They are meant as a "complete meal", therefore, will have a more balanced P/C/F distribution. The calories of these bars are more too.

If you are looking for an "inbetween meals" kind of bar, then you want the higher protein ones - not meal replacement.

For meal replacement, bars are not the best choice. Shakes, or "Ready-To-Drink" (RTDs), are better. There is less crap in the shakes as compared to the bars.

Meal replacement bars - I like Meso Tech bars
Protein bars - Zone bars are great
RTDs - Nitro Tech all the way, yes, I am biased, but they are truely the only ones I can stomach.

CatOwner1966 said:
My fave is EAS Advant-Edge Carb Control. They would be your best bet. My fave flavors are the Chocolate Creme Pie, Cookies & Cream,Chocolate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp.

Most of them have around:

3-4g of impact carbs
21 grams of protien
& Under 250 calories a bar(depending on the bar)

But MAKE SURE it says "Carb Control" if you are watching your sugar or else buy the regular EAS Advant-Edge bars that are made with sugar but trust me the carb control ones taste great!
they sound great , thanks for the tip , im going to try them ! :)
how much fat do they have though???? :evil: im more scare of how many grams of fat ill be eating from it than the carbs

ELEcKTRA said:
they sound great , thanks for the tip , im going to try them ! :)
how much fat do they have though???? :evil: im more scare of how many grams of fat ill be eating from it than the carbs

Usually 7-8 grams of fat but I only will have these for a midday snack like every 2 days. Not every day.

i like luna bars or all in one bars. :) yum. luna bars have more sugar tho, thus they also taste a bit better.

Sassy69 said:
Protein Bars are an evil habit to get into.

Sassy's right and they're friggin' addictive, especially in a clean diet. I had a Zone Perfect bar on Tues out of desperation and then yesterday, I had such a bad craving for another one that I caved yet again. So today, I just bought two huge honkin' slabs of grilled chicken which will serve as meal 3, 4 and maybe even meal 5!!

Roonytunes said:
Sassy's right and they're friggin' addictive, especially in a clean diet. I had a Zone Perfect bar on Tues out of desperation and then yesterday, I had such a bad craving for another one that I caved yet again. So today, I just bought two huge honkin' slabs of grilled chicken which will serve as meal 3, 4 and maybe even meal 5!!

If you are trying to lose bf I would not eat a bar. There is no such thing as "non impact carbs". Alcohol sugar effects your body the same way as sugar too.
The reason they are addictive is because of the sugar or sugar like substances that are added to them.
An MRP shake like Myoplex is a much better alternative.
Look at a bar as candy. They are all pretty close!

Top Bottom