Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the maximum amount of protein that can be ingested in one sitting?

|D_J^B_J|

As a general rule?

After my PWO shake, I often have 300g of meat/chicken breast along with some veggies and potatoes. This turns out to be just over 60g of protein.

Is this too much in one sitting? If so, what is the maximum amount that should be eaten at once?

To my knowledge there is no research substantiating anyone's claim. One thing experts can agree on is that it varies from individual to individual. An eighty year old man is going to assimilate less protein than a 250lb thirty year old bodybuilder.

There's no general rule, a 250lbd juiced BBer is different than an anorexic skinny 12 years old girl

Do you guys know if the body can absorb more when insulin is introduced I need a clear answer to this,cant seem to find one for sure every1 says different things.

ya good post.... I have always read 40 .. i think an average person is probably 30
....but i think your body adapts to a gradual increase.... your intestine get bigger.. and produce more enzymes... but that is just what i thought.. I would like to know..

It really all depends upon each individual and their way of life - and goals in life. A runner doesn't need the same amount as a bber. Even a small bber (165#) won't need as much as a big bber (225#). Lou Ferrigno said in his book that you shouldn't take in much over 30 g's per sitting, but you should have at least your body weight in g's of protein. How in the heck can he do that at 325#? 11 meals a day? I don't think so.

I know for a fact the body can take in exactly 63.4387532984752983475 grams of protein in one sitting

Top Bottom