Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what happens if you consume no protein?

rippedtrojan

i know this is off topic, but i have a friend who is looking for studies or papers on what happens to your body if you don't consume protein. if any of you know of any it would be cool if you posted em here or gave a link.

i know of somepeople, that take in aound 20 grams to40 grams of protien, but i dont know if there giving me bs or what, a couple guys at the gym said they do this i dont know if they cycle there protien or what. but one of the guys said hes on a high carb diet with low fat and about 20-40 grams of protien. im wondering if anyone has the balls to drop protien drastically for a few days and just replace the calories with carbs, i would be interested in knowing what happens after a few weeks doin this

well since your body only builds muscle tissue with amino acids, and amino acids are only found in protein, what do you think will happen?:rolleyes: the body needs protein, if it doesn't get it threw your diet it will eat away at your muscle to make up for the loss. thus severe muscle wasting and muscle shrinkage. the answer seems pretty easy to me, "eat your protein"!:mad:

I think if carbs were dropped for a long time to nearly zero, there would be immediate muscle and lean tissue wasting, not to mention a weak immune system (lack of glutamine). If carbs were suddenly added in high amounts, there might be a higher than average amount of muscle synthesis, due to the body's adaptation to no/low protein. The body may also put itself into a state of low catabolism. It's called protein cycling, and it doesn't seem to be very effective in improving one's physique unless it is done in a more moderate fashion.

but even if u had low protien and a high carb diet, wouldnt a high carb diet spare protien that gets lost?????????lets say i just take in 40 grams of protien and 350 carbs and 40 fats, im wondering if these high amounts of carbs would spare the protien, and i will still be on a fairly low calorie diet with ALOT of energy with all the carbs. sounds like an easy diet to me thats low in calories

Good point. I think high carbs will spare most protein from gluconeogenesis, but your body still needs a certain amount of protein for tissue repair. I'm not sure what the minimum would be to preserve tissue when lots of carbs were consumed.

Still, a caloric deficit may in fact cause half the protein to be converted to glucose whether or not carbs are consumed. Maybe the body will burn fat, though, and still spare the protein if one does not overtrain. I'm not sure.

i think im gonna experiment with something maybe 150 grams of protien 200 carbs nad 30-40 fats. i feel with taking this many carbs i will have tons of energy and eatin below 2000 calories a day. have u noticed how all diets are about decreasing fat or carbs but not many people think to decrease protien and raise carbs, but on the other hand this may be a stupid thing to do

If you seriously ate NO protein at all, meaning not from carbs even or other foods, I beleive you would eventually die.... that's why "protein" means "of prime importance" in greek.

Protein is essential. You could go a short while without any, but in my humble opinion, it's a bad idea.

Top Bottom