Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What Is A Good Bulking Diet To Stay Lean And Also Build Muscle?

TAURUS1977

I wanted to gain as much muscle as possible on my bulking diet but i also wanted to stay lean and not gain much fat. How many cals, carbs, protein & fat does everyone recommend? To stay lean should i do some sort of cardio?

My stats are

190 pounds
6'2"
24 years old

Thank You

It will be impossable for anyone to give you a definate answer on this question. As I have said many times before, Diet is very much trial and error. I personally find that 3500-3800 cals a day is perfect for me when I'm trying to build muscle and keep a steady body fat % but the carbs never go over 300 a day because I am a very carb sensitive person. I also know guys who can eat 5000 + cals a day and not add much fat at all...It all depends on the person. I suggest you try a couple diets yourself and see which one works best for you. I would always do cardio. Staying in top cardiovascular health is VERY important. You may not care now but you will when your older so remember, even when bulking, always do cardio. I try to do 15-20min a day for 3-5 days a week at a medium pace right before a hard workout. It's great for a warm up

M18

The answer to this question is trial and error. You have to figure out your maintnance calories and go from there. This of course takes great patience and experimentation and you are the only one able to run this prolonged experiment. I myself find 20xbodyweight the perfect total for my bulking needs according to MY physiology. I'm 250 and eat 5000 cals daily and don't add fat at this calorie level. Any less and I short my mass gains and any more and I do start to add fat. Nutrient ratio intake is also as important as total calories. Again for me that took experimentation. I NEED carbs to be able to train and gain so I eat 550g a day. I also do well with ample protein so I eat 500g a day which is 2g per pound of bodyweight. While bulking you will add a bit of fat. It comes with the territiory, so don't go into a bulking cycle with the mindset of adding muscle mass while loosing fat...You'll only be chasing your tail in circles. Don't think about being ripped while bulking. It's not going to happen unless you are a genetic gift. Minimizing fat gains is the name of the game and it takes time to figure out how your body responds to nutritional intake. As for the cardio....that's another game of trial and error. I don't do any. I loose strength and mass at a record breaking pace if I as much as look at a treadmill so I stear clear. Some people can do it while bulking and not compromise strength of mass gains, others can't. It's up to you to find out!

Beezers is right. Cuz...whether I'm on a bulking cycle or cutting cycle I eat almost exactly the same and get my desired results. My main difference between cycles is the amount of cardio I do. I always try to get plenty of protein during both kinds of cycle, on bulking cycles I might cheat and eat some ice cream and cake on cutting cycles I don't. But that's the main difference for me.

Now your question was about eating to bulk but stay lean. Eat alot just as the guys said below, but keep up a little cardio to keep the fat down.

Top Bottom