Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what is FODMAP diet all about?

Dawnme

I keep hearing some of you on here mention FODMAP and never heard of it but sounds like something I should learn. I also believe one of the podcasts the host was talking about it and how it will help with stomach discomfort and those who have IBS or crohns. I have developed IBS over the years so am curious to learn more

I keep hearing some of you on here mention FODMAP and never heard of it but sounds like something I should learn. I also believe one of the podcasts the host was talking about it and how it will help with stomach discomfort and those who have IBS or crohns. I have developed IBS over the years so am curious to learn more

No you never. I've been here two years and this is the 2nd time.

FODMAP is an acronym for "Fermentable Oligo-, Di-, Mono-saccharides And Polyols". They are short chain carbohydrates that are poorly absorbed in the small intestine, and are prone to absorb water and ferment in the colon

i strongly advise people adhere to a low FODMAP diet as much as possible. the worst offenders are garlic and onions which are in a lot of things like condiments, restaurant food, etc. but there are also other offenders like dairy too. avoiding high FODMAP foods can completely reverse many stomach problems that guys experience and can cure things like crohns or IBS (which are incorrectly diagnosed) overnight

Top Bottom