Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What exactly is bad about processed food?

Irrarerd

I have a question aboutprocessed meats. What exactly is bad in them to which I should payattention? For example, in my shop they sell chicken nuggets, wherethey only have chicken meat inside. Are these some preservatives thatare bad, or something else? The spices?

they are very acidic in the body. we simply did not evolve eating processed foods and they have additives that will upset your stomach and make you sick

in that example those nuggets have a shitload of calories. i would guestimate 400 calories+ per 3-4oz of them. a fresh chicken breast plain will have half that for the same size.

It's definitely the additives. Likely the foods, (meat) they use have been fed a very rich diet of all types of hormones to make it grow to harvest size in a minimal amount of time. Then during the processing of said foods, a plethora of additives, and preservatives are added to the foods. Not to mention the sodium content of a lot of processed foods are extremely high!

On another forum the subject of so-called 'denaturing' came up. In essence denaturing is changing (by processing / cooking and or preparation) the natural state of the food too much.

In some ways it's kinda silly. Steak is a lump of raw beef but we cook it (and so change it from it's natural state) and can still eat, digest and absorb it's nutrients.

Then, as per a report in today's paper here we're considering the safety of chlorine washing (as per a US method for stopping e-coli etc) of chicken. In some supplements (and indeed a lot of food) there is a LOTbof food coloring, flavoring (and flavor enhancers), heck even the need (as per some breakfast cereals) to add iron and vitamins.

The question is why? Was the food such low quality it needed all that added?

In the case of some deli type foods they have a high level of salts and a much higher level of fat (I'm thinking especially of Salami's). Great as an occasionally VERY tasty treat but not something to be a part of a healthy diet. And that's just in those prepared in the traditional style. The modern ones have a load of nitrates added too.

Top Bottom