Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what to eat before early morning workouts?

gymrat4sir!

I've always worked out in the evenings after work, but am going to start training with a friend at 6am.

What should I eat before working out that early? Working out on an empty stomach won't work for me (I've tried that before and half an hour into it, I'm dieing from lack of carbs in my system), but a normal breakfast won't be good because I'd eat it so close to when I'll be lifting.

Any ideas/strategies on what would work?

Thanks

gymrat4sir! said:
I've always worked out in the evenings after work, but am going to start training with a friend at 6am.

What should I eat before working out that early? Working out on an empty stomach won't work for me (I've tried that before and half an hour into it, I'm dieing from lack of carbs in my system), but a normal breakfast won't be good because I'd eat it so close to when I'll be lifting.

Any ideas/strategies on what would work?

Thanks

What sounds good to you in the morning? I usually like oatmeal, but am so sick of it. Now I blend 2 scoops of oats (about 1/2 cup) in with my shake with two cups of coffee instead of water then eat a few pieces of 12 grain bread dry. Cheerios are not bad either, if you can workout with a little milk in your system.

I like 1/2 a protein shake, 450cals and 70+carbs, (45mins pre-workout) with 50-75mgs of effedrine 15 mins before workout.

Sometimes I'll eat some bacon, oatmeal, or fruits for some good subtance before the gym. Immediately post workout I drink down the other half of my shake and eat at IHOP or something real heavy like that. The 2 post workout meals are the most important of the day.

Hope this helps :)

Chris

I would have oats + whey/cinnaon, but if you can't stomach the food, have 1.5-2 glasses of skim milk + whey.

Whilst that's not heaps of carbs, the amount of insulin from the milk and whey will quickly kill any morning catabolism. Besides, unless your cutting, u will have carbs in your muscles anyway, so ur not going to be carb deprived. You could always just include more carbs in your dinner.

in your case, ~30 grams waxy maize and 30 grams whey protein about 30 minues before.

the waxy maize will quickly fill glycogen stores after the nite fast, and the whey is also qik digesting and absorbed.

you may want to sip some BCAA and glutamine peptides during your workout as well (and more waxy maize if bulking)

Mavafanculo said:
in your case, ~30 grams waxy maize and 30 grams whey protein about 30 minues before.

the waxy maize will quickly fill glycogen stores after the nite fast, and the whey is also qik digesting and absorbed.

you may want to sip some BCAA and glutamine peptides during your workout as well (and more waxy maize if bulking)

Mav, where do you suggest buying the waxy maize? And is $30 shipped a good price for 1000gs?

What is the difference between the Waxy Maize and things like Dextrose and Maltodextrin? Is the difference worth the cost difference?

Some great info here Mav, thanks!!

Chris

khemix said:
Mav, where do you suggest buying the waxy maize? And is $30 shipped a good price for 1000gs?

What is the difference between the Waxy Maize and things like Dextrose and Maltodextrin? Is the difference worth the cost difference?

Some great info here Mav, thanks!!

Chris

hey chris-
waxy Maize Starch (WMS) its a hi molecular weight carb that passes tru your stomach and into your intestines much quicker than dextrose or malto. even tho its considered complex, it still raises insulin comparable to dextrose.

for an ecto, who has trouble grabbing enough calories this is great stuff. breakfast, pre-workout, post-workout.

from everything I've read you should have it standalone (empty stomach and then wait 10 minutes or so) to make maximum advantage of its quick absorption/digestion properties. Another school of thought says take it with BCAA and micronized creatine - neither will much affect the osmolality of the WMS, and the WMS will pull those nutrients into your muscles better and faster than other carb sources. Whey is a close 2nd choice.

here's an excerpt from MD

Another study that observed glycogen synthesis rates in rats following starvation showed that HMW glycogen was initially synthesized at a faster rate than low molecular weight glycogen. (8) However, blood sugar and insulin levels were not statistically different between the HMW carbohydrate (Waxy Maize) and the glucose solution. What this means is that despite being a complex carbohydrate, the HMW carbohydrate still raised insulin levels to about the same level as dextrose. We're dealing with a complex carbohydrate that powers through the stomach, causing no bloating, and reaches the blood stream as fast as dextrose; yet, it restores glycogen 70% faster.

I'm not sure about pricing, I get anything generic like this from Bulknutrition, and usually find them less expensive then other suppliers and their stuff is high quality.

Top Bottom