Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what can flush out lactic acid from muscles?..OWwwwwww

Burning_Inside

Elite Mentor
I'm really sick of my legs just hurting so bad for DAYS after a leg workout. it interferes with my moods and makes cardio a bitch to do. please helpppp. What can be done?

some people swear on Baking soda with water (because of the old chemical reaction)... wives tales in my view... then again, rejoice in the pain orb, you did your job!

I hit the stationary bike for about 15 minutes after i am done with my leg workouts..........nothing to hard nothing to easy.......it keeps me from being too sore the next day, and it helps loosen them up.

If you can't walk for days after your leg workout you are doing to much volume and not accustomed to the workload being offered. Post this thread on the training board for a better explanation.

Lactic acid is completely flushed from your muscles 30-60 minutes after training. You're soreness is caused by the microtrauma done to the musclefibers. Over the next 24 hours the damaged muscle becomes swollen and pain receptors are notified. You end up having fibers that are fatigued with microscopic tears that are swollen. The best thing to do is to stretch properly before and during your leg workout and gradually build up weight throughout your workout. Tiger Balm and some other topicals can help sometimes if the pain is too overbearing for your cardio sessions.

I've seen a bunch of supposed "lactic acid buffers" on the market if it's pain during your actual set that bothers you. Don't know if they work. Usually it's a combo of L-Carnitine, DMG, and Citrulline Malate.

hmmm... interesting.

Alex {or anyone else}... what do you think about my "technique" (posted above) ... do you suppose I'm doing more harm than good?

Sarge,
From what I have read, doing a LIGHT exercise a day or two is known as Active Recovery, and can actually aleviate pain due to the fact that it stimulates the body to recover the damaged areas, through increased in blood/nutrient flow to that area.

sgtslaughter said:
hmmm... interesting.

Alex {or anyone else}... what do you think about my "technique" (posted above) ... do you suppose I'm doing more harm than good?

Aerobics or some light biking are fine and can help speed recovery in some cases. It improves the function of the capillaries and helps to deliver more nutrient rich blood to the muscle. Some of the metabolic toxins produced during high intensity training may be removed as well thus reducing muscle soreness.

Top Bottom