Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what can flush out lactic acid from muscles?..OWwwwwww

Yep, active recovery is wonderful. In fact, some very light intensity cardio can be exceptionally beneficial when you have high lactic acid buildup immediately following a workout. The key is light, and about 5 minutes simply to get blood moving.

Next day low intensity cardio is also excellent, again, active recovery. I had a great study on that, will see if I can find it.

I do a stair stepper the day after squats no matter how sore I am. Not at a crazy speed but a good amount after I warm up. Its pretty hard at first but then it gets easier. You want to get as much blood as possible so the white blood cells can go to work repairing your muscles.

Last edited:
Active Recovery is what you need, but more importantly: DOMS is all about trauma and swelling... keep the trauma down and you will keep the soreness at bay. My attitude on this is that most of the acute trauma is caused by training habits/styles that are counterproductive at best.

I have yet to see hard paper that denotes that monster-ass HIT training to total musclular failure is of ANY LONG TERM BENEFIT compared to Progressive Resistance/SUB-Maximal Effort training that enables more frequent training of the same body parts by virtue of lessened symptomatic DOMS and far less instance of injury and set back incurred by crazy ass 'til failure/forced rep' training.

In short: train until failure of FORM, not all out muscle failure and you will have less DOMS, less injury, more frequent training sessions and over the Long Haul great gains at less trauma expense.

Ghede said:
I have yet to see hard paper that denotes that monster-ass HIT training to total musclular failure is of ANY LONG TERM BENEFIT compared to Progressive Resistance/SUB-Maximal Effort training that enables more frequent training of the same body parts by virtue of lessened symptomatic DOMS and far less instance of injury and set back incurred by crazy ass 'til failure/forced rep' training.

Wow, I like this. So nicely put. My thoughts exactly!

In short: train until failure of FORM, not all out muscle failure and you will have less DOMS, less injury, more frequent training sessions and over the Long Haul great gains at less trauma expense.

Again, so nicely put. I have preached this forever. Nice to hear someone else who sounds intelligent echoing it.

Wheatgrass juice and CoQ10 for me, but everyone is different.

I was told by someone who's field IS muscles is that it's NOT lactic acid, but oxidation. So up your antioxidants. I take CoQ10 and wheatgrass juice -- not together -- every day. My DOMS has reduced substantially. Not gone away, but at least I can move

EDIT: Okay, the thing is you can't just take this stuff after the workout, you have to take it every day, religiously, to get the antioxidant benefits.

Lifterforlife said:
Wow, I like this. So nicely put. My thoughts exactly!

Again, so nicely put. I have preached this forever. Nice to hear someone else who sounds intelligent echoing it.

Gracias, MuchoHombre.... its ALL about QUALITY not WEIGHT... get them to do isolations by actually ISOLATING and they will move mountains. ;)

alex2678 said:
Lactic acid is completely flushed from your muscles 30-60 minutes after training. You're soreness is caused by the microtrauma done to the musclefibers. Over the next 24 hours the damaged muscle becomes swollen and pain receptors are notified. You end up having fibers that are fatigued with microscopic tears that are swollen. The best thing to do is to stretch properly before and during your leg workout and gradually build up weight throughout your workout.
This is right on. Most people will experience a great deal of soreness the first few times they do any exercise that is both strenuous and unfamiliar. Typically the body will adapt in a matter of days/weeks (not months) to the new exercise and the soreness either vanishes entirely or becomes trivially slight.

My rule of thumb for this is that if anything I'm doing is leaving me with any kind of torturous or debilitating soreness after I've been doing the exercise for 3 weeks, then I'm overtraining and need to re-evaluate.

More directly on-topic, I've found that creatine seems to mitigate the lactic acid buildup during higher-rep workouts. Even better, and if you have access to it, get a massage after these workouts. Justify it (if you must) by saying you're managing your lactic acid problem in the only way you've found to be really effective.

Properly stretching and about 15 Minutes of cardio after legs has always worked great for me, but I don't know everything.

This was brought on by first time doing overhead squats and split squats, and incline lunnges. Thing is I only needed to do the weight of the bar for the squats, and no weight at all for the lunges, all for for 10 reps, not to failure, for 5 sets total. Yeah. I suck.

Top Bottom