Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What body type?

RippedOne

Not sure if this is posted in the right forum or not so sorry if it is not. My question here is what body type am I? 6'0 Tall, 185lbs, 10%body fat(checked with a ion testing machine). As you can tell from this im tall and somewhat slim. I want to know if from my description do I fall in the Ectomorph or Mesomorph category. My reason for asking is because I can never find any info that specifically tell me which I am and I need to know so I can work with the way my body is when it comes to lifting.

I have another question on bodytype. If you watch your diet and to a lot of cardio and are skinny, are you an ectomorph, or an endomorph who is skinny because they work at it? Are ectomorphs only those people who can be at 7% bodyfat without any effort? What if you are like me--you look thin, but are not cut--you have some fat?

Or, say you were very skinny but lifted hard and ate a lot, and put on some serious muscle. Are you still and ectomorph, or are you now a meso? What if you started lifting when you were 16 and are 25 now? You wouldn't be able to tell if you were destined to become a mesomorph as an adult, or if it was because of the training (probably a bit of both).

There are three so-called body types, as compared to 6 billion people. As skinnyfat's questions point out, these categories are deeply flawed and probably not something to use to determine how you should exercise.

Very few people fit squarely into one of these made-up categories -- I actually fit into all three. Even if you could determine which 'type' you were, that would have little to no bearing on the kind of workout you should do because we all have bones and muscles.

If you are working out and find that it is difficult for you to pack on the mass you want or to drop the fat that you want, THEN you can look for methods that will help you. Those difficulties aren't necessarily matched to body type -- for example, there are mesomorphs who want to know how to get even MORE muscle.

Yes IM asking because I want to pack on muscle and its hard to gain when working out 4 times a week. Also trying to find out what type of workout would fit me best. Not really looking to lean since a little cardio can help with that.

Okay, then. Go to the Training Discussion Forum (you're right, this is the wrong forum) and post a message saying that you're having trouble putting on muscle. Tell them what your split is and include reps and sets. Tell them how long you've been lifting. Tell them what you've been eating. They'll help you.

Top Bottom