Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what about dried fruit for diabetic person

Tom-Bell

Hi everyone , I was wondering if this dried fruits can be eaten once in awhile for a person with diabetes, some people recommended me to eat this instead of regular fruits since dates are supposed to be lower on the glycemic index, have more fiber, what's your opinion on this guys?

when you dry fruit ironically you are losing nutrients in that fruit.. you also are concentrating more of the sugar and hence getting in more calories than eating fresh fruit

instead of dry fruit, go with frozen fruit if freshness and packaging is a problem

I wouldn't go with dried fruit. It is often loaded with sugar and missing the nutrients of fresh fruit. Just go with fresh but have your servings reasonable.

The problem with dried fruit is that it's very calorie dense. Fresh fruit is 80-95% water so it's actually very low calorie. For example, there are only 47 calories in 1 cup of strawberries.

When you dry the fruit, you remove all the water. 1 cup of dried strawberries has 359 calories.

If you want to eat fruit, just eat fresh or frozen fruit.

Top Bottom