Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weird taste of stevia

Sawasdee

I got myself some steviaas a replacement of sugar in my life, and it taste a bit strange. Itis not bad, or good – just an interesting taste. So does this meanthat I got some bad quality stevia, or it is normal? I have thisstevia in tablets.

Just how weird and strong is that taste? I admit that stevia can have a little funny sub-taste, but it is nothing major, and should not be a striking taste. If anything, you can try the stevia from some other manufacturer to see of the same taste will remain. If it will, then most probably the taste you are feeling is normal. If not, then you can just stick to the stevia that has no taste.

Stevia has a weird aftertaste to it. That's just the nature of the stevia plant.

It's kind of catch 22. Stevia is a natural calorie free sweetener. It doesn't taste quite as good as artificial calorie free sweeteners like aspartame/splenda but it's healthier. It's all about what you want.

If you keep using it instead of sugar you will get used to it. Stevia is the best alternative to sugar so you made a good choice.

Top Bottom