Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight loss and weight training question...

Chris10

I've read alot on here about your goals either need to be to lose weight, or gain muscle, if i understand correctly. Im not so concerned with my weight, I just have a bit of a gut and am not in the shape i was a few years ago. Im 24 about 5'10 194. My routine is usually everyday I do about 45 min.-1 hour of weight training. Be it chest, biceps, back, tri's. Then after that I do 45- 1hour of cadio. My main concern is mostly losing this gut. I eat right, lots of protein, no sweets, pizza, that sort of stuff. I would also like to tone my chest and arms as well. My question is am I cancelling one or the other out by doing both? Again, my main concern is trimming down this gut and knocking off a few inches around waist and face. But i also want to tone a bit so Im not falling behind, and lose the fat but look like I have no muscles or definition.....I have a girlfriend to keep lol. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Firstly, if you have to look good too to "keep" the girlfriend... that sucks; and you may want to re-evaluate your reasons for "keeping" her or have in a prenupital agreement that she must maintain a certain bodyweight (and bodyfat level) too :p

Secondly, Post up your diet... a typical day of eating.

Thirdly, I have a feeling your training routine need some revision :) post that too.

Last but not least.... don't ever use the word 'Tone' again, lol. It's either gaining weight or getting LEAN (not tone... no such thing).

I think the biggest thing people don't get about body transformation is the power of diet. "I eat clean" is fine, but since your body is really a physical intrepretation of your lifestyle - including your diet, your activities, your recovery time, your stress, etc. - if you aren't where you want to be, that means somethign needs to be tweaked - usually the diet is where you look first. People dismiss it as "the cause" and start looking for other things to change or add. But the reality is you are literally what you eat - fuel yourself for your goals. Sometimes it means you need to take a closer look at your diet and engineer it for what you want to achieve.

To illustrate - I cut on 1700-1800 calories and can go from 24% to 7% -- since I happened to be of the body type that gains fat AND muscle easily, I'm over 40 and I'm female, I also have those extra challenges to cut bodyfat. So I first tweak my diet regularly and then add in extra cardio targeted for a show date. But I never starve myself or cut my intake down. But I change what & when I eat.

So step 1 - let's take a look at your diet like Sarge said. Its a bit of a pain to restructure your diet, prepare foods, and maybe sacrifice a little of your "fun time" to hit your eating schedule and what you are supposed to eat --- that's how you get to your specific goal. Otherwise, your body will just reflect whatever schedule you end up at. Its the consistency of the diet (vs random cheats, etc.) that allow you to control your progress more.

To start quantifying your diet -- easiest to stick a typical day's meal plan into a food counts program like www.fitday.com -- it shows you the total calories for the day as well as the macronutrient breakdown- %, grams of protein, fat & carb. Those ratios and maybe the total cals are what can be finetuned to get over the hump to your results.

Top Bottom