Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Loss/Muscle Gain

Hacksquats

I am currently doing a combo ketonic/calorie restriction diet. My body fat percentage is way too high, and my 6 pack has turned into a beer ball. I've recently have been limiting my calories to 1500 for about two weeks and have lost only 2 pounds. Clearly if I want to lose any more weight I'm going to have to add cardio. So from this two questions:
1. Is cardio advised? I've heard a lot of negatives about it -i.e aerobic instructer chicks have tank asses, and runners produce estrogen.
2. If I continue to lift hard, will I be able to make any strength gains while on this restricting diet?

Thanks

How much do you weight? For me as long as I keep weight loss at one or two pounds a week I can maintain my strength. You might be asking a little much to gain strength while losing weight. It is my understanding that the running and estrogen thing only refers to long distance runners, not short sessions of low intensity cardio, or sprinting.

What's your diet stretegy? Also, to answer your questions, cardio is fine, just wouldn't do HIIT and you can gain strength on a keto diet. Final question, which keto diet will you be following?

Hacksquats said:
I am currently doing a combo ketonic/calorie restriction diet. My body fat percentage is way too high, and my 6 pack has turned into a beer ball. I've recently have been limiting my calories to 1500 for about two weeks and have lost only 2 pounds. Clearly if I want to lose any more weight I'm going to have to add cardio. So from this two questions:
1. Is cardio advised? I've heard a lot of negatives about it -i.e aerobic instructer chicks have tank asses, and runners produce estrogen.
2. If I continue to lift hard, will I be able to make any strength gains while on this restricting diet?

Thanks
Lifting heavy can burn more calories than cardio. Just lift heavy and eat lots of proteins and veggies bro!

Hey! A pound a week is not bad at all. How much is that in a month?

Patience and don't go too much lower with your calories or your body is gonna go into starvation mode and convert everything to fat.

A pound a week is great!! Shoot for about 1.5 lbs a week. If you are a young buck (like so many on this board) you could probabbly do 2 lbs a week and stay quite healthy.

Hey Thanks very helpful. I thought weight loss would be faster, but sounds like its moving along normally. Must be my generation - I want results yesterday damn it! 8 pounds of nasty fat gone in two months will work for me.

On another note- We have this long distance runner at work - talks with a high voice, really chick like. Definitley something to the distance/estrogen link. I'm going to go ahead and make my lifting harder and leave the cardio for the fat chick-pilate crowd.

thanks guys

Hack,

Yeah a pound a week is what I did and I don't think it could have come off faster unless I dropped my diet to the point where it would work against me rather than in my favour.

I'd do some serious reading on this board (diet, training boards,etc.). You will learn ALOT of helpful stuff (and some crap too). As for the Atkins diet. I don't think it's a healthy one. I would go with a BFL type diet before I went to an Atkins myself. Some may disagree with me but I think your best diet is balanced, healthy meals 5-7 times a day (say 300-400 cal. per meal). You'll lose weight faster IMHO.

Lots of room for debate on that though.

Atkins is not designed for a bodybuilding lifestyle - heavy lifting is almost impossible to sustain properly (or safely) on a straight ketogenic diet. Based on your stated goals, you should be on a CKD or TKD. Check out the links by Mr. X at the top of the Diet Forum....

Top Bottom