Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weight gain expectations on bulking diet??????

110%

i read in a flex magazine 1 to 2 lbs per month, and then i read in a ironman magozine 1 to 2 lbs per week. this is without the used of any drugs except supplement use of glutaimine, creatine, and protein powder. how much of a gain should i be expecting. i need to know if i should up my calorie intake or not?????

all depends on how many calories your taking in each day... and your stats etc.. cant tell otherwise

I believe its quite possible to gain 1 to 2 lbs a week natural but expect that to be quite a bit of water/fat :)

St|ckMan said:
all depends on how many calories your taking in each day... and your stats etc.. cant tell otherwise

I believe its quite possible to gain 1 to 2 lbs a week natural but expect that to be quite a bit of water/fat :)

I'm with him....it depends on your stats, age, and experience. I wouldn't say that you could gain 1-2 pounds in a week very easily unless like he says.....water or fat. Just make sure you weigh yourself at the same time every day, then you'll know for sure if you're gaining or not.

1 to 2 pounds a week is very possible. Just keep your calories at 600-1000 over your BMR. You will put on some fat with the muscle, how much depends on your training and the amount of rest you get.

The Last time I bulked up I gained 16 lbs in 12 weeks and 2/3 of that was muscle. The tricky part is dieting off the added fat without losing the added muscle. By the way I have always trained natural.

Depends maybe on how near you are your "set point"...
i didn't believe in set points until a couple of weeks ago,
I was dieting and doing lotsa cardio for 3 months
and lost about 10 pounds. I stopped the diet
over the weekend and gained 8 pounds in 3 days
without even pigging out. Still have it. Weird.
Don't think it's water.

I know, it's supposed to be a simple matter of
food in vs energy expenditure, but I never would've
gained weight eating like that when I was 10 lbs
heavier. I think the body converts food to fat
more efficiently when you're skinny, or something.

Top Bottom