Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight class transition

fiber_hider

I am just looking for some advice on how to best transition from a light heavy weight to a heavy weight. I know this takes time and patients. I am currently in my last few weeks of contest prep. Then its back to the off season. So do I go With a crazy bulking diet or go slow an steady over time.
Back ground. Training for 8 year's competing for 3 years
Got about 2+ good cycles a year under my belt. Im 5' 7" will be 198lbs on show day and walk around at 210- 215 when not bulking or dieting.
Thanks for any advice you guys can give

Why are you competing at lightweight when your 198 you better be walking away first place with ease at that weight

Im competing in light heavy weight. That class goes from 177lbs to 198lbs. So ill be at the top weight of the light heavy weight category

I would just do your bulk like normally, and not go overly crazy with the calories. Then when you cut down to contest weight let the scale be where it is. If you are able to still fit into the light heavies, then stick there. If you get into the heavies then so be it. At your height, light heavies is about perfect anyways. Most your height are lightweight or middleweights anyways. So you are obviously already very big. A 5'7" heavyweight would be monstrous. Personally I would rather be at the top end of the light heavies than be at the bottom end of the heavyweights. I see no reason to move up a class unless you gain enough mass that it forces you to.

Lol ya if I could ever make light weight that would be a sight to see since at light heavy weight I step on stage at 198lbs @ 3-4% bf maybe illbtry to get to 150 next year

Sent from my SGH-I337M using EliteFitness

Top Bottom