x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

weighing out

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about weighing out within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: hey guys just wanted to know how many people here weigh out their foods and all and what is the real purpose behind it? should u do that only when going for contest or do u also do the same during bulking so u know how much you are getting? also when you weigh what are u aiming for? how do u know how much you are getting in what ever amount of X food?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Thread: weighing out

Good Bro

weighing out

hey guys
    just wanted to know how many people here weigh out their foods and all and what is the real purpose behind it? should u do that only when going for contest or do u also do the same during bulking so u know how much you are getting?
    also when you weigh what are u aiming for?
    how do u know how much you are getting in what ever amount of X food?

Muscle Pimp

Re: weighing out

www.calorieking.com

www.fitday.com

those are some of the website that are very useful in helping to keep track of daily intake (no matter what... cutting, bulking, ect.).

Keeping track, weighing... knowing totals lets you know where you are, what your missing or if you are having too much.

Weighing is not nessesary but if you are stuck/plateau on a cut or bulk it may be helpful in finding the missing links of your diet.

It also helps if you don't have a good feel for how big portions should be. Sometimes what we think of as " a tablespoon of peanut butter" is really 1/2 a cup if you aren't using a tblsp measuring spoon. 4 oz of chicken may really be 1/2 lb of chicken. It helps to at least give you a reality check as to what you are eating. I measured / weighed religiously for competition, but I also can eyeball my portions to within 1/2 an ounce now.

Pro Bodybuilder

Sassy says it well. It will help you visualize your portions for future times. It has been shown that most folks who have never done this actually underestimate their caloric intake by as much as 50% when dieting. Same with gaining.

Good Bro

i have bought my self a weighing scale of ebay and want to get much strict on bulking up slowly but very clean and also when i do need to cut, it will be much more efficient.
    what do u think of this scale:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1