Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weighing out

imraan47

hey guys
just wanted to know how many people here weigh out their foods and all and what is the real purpose behind it? should u do that only when going for contest or do u also do the same during bulking so u know how much you are getting?
also when you weigh what are u aiming for?
how do u know how much you are getting in what ever amount of X food?

www.calorieking.com

www.fitday.com

those are some of the website that are very useful in helping to keep track of daily intake (no matter what... cutting, bulking, ect.).

Keeping track, weighing... knowing totals lets you know where you are, what your missing or if you are having too much.

Weighing is not nessesary but if you are stuck/plateau on a cut or bulk it may be helpful in finding the missing links of your diet.

It also helps if you don't have a good feel for how big portions should be. Sometimes what we think of as " a tablespoon of peanut butter" is really 1/2 a cup if you aren't using a tblsp measuring spoon. 4 oz of chicken may really be 1/2 lb of chicken. It helps to at least give you a reality check as to what you are eating. I measured / weighed religiously for competition, but I also can eyeball my portions to within 1/2 an ounce now.

Sassy says it well. It will help you visualize your portions for future times. It has been shown that most folks who have never done this actually underestimate their caloric intake by as much as 50% when dieting. Same with gaining.

Top Bottom