Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weighing Foods

10JAP

When reading or setting up my diet how do you measure meats cooked or uncooked? The diets I've been researching don't state which.

Go on calorieking.com. Just be consistent. Either always weigh it first then cook or cook it and then weight it. But you have to do one or the other. 4oz of chicken cooked is not the same as 4oz. raw.

i go by what it is after cooking. i usually cook a lot of food at once and just measure my meals out afterwards.

Most all diets you see refer to uncooked. It really does not matter though, whichever you use, stay consistent, and your calorie decreases will follow accordingly.

Personally I find it easier to weigh cooked. Cook up a whole bunch and weigh them out. After a while, you will be agle to visualize your portion sizes even without a scale. I have been doing it so long, I can take a piece of meat and put it on the scale and be almost exact every time.

Personally I find it easier to weigh cooked. Cook up a whole bunch and weigh them out. After a while, you will be agle to visualize your portion sizes even without a scale. I have been doing it so long, I can take a piece of meat and put it on the scale and be almost exact every time.

thats funny you say that. last weekend (after i cooked my weekly 6 pounds of ground turkey meat) i started to measure without the scale and i was always with 1/2 ounce of what i needed. same with my london broil.

k to you, we think alike.

edit: wont let me give you karma, have to spread it around

Top Bottom