Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ways to go about getting sponsors for a contest....

Spunky

Anyone have some ideas? This shits killing my pocket.. I'm buying chicken and steak by the truck loads, plus my trainer is gonna cost me $700. Did any of you guys who competed get sponsors?? if so, what kind of places did u contact?

Did you try asking the gym that you go to....or some suppliment stores? I'm not positive, but I think most competeing body builders get sponsors once they win thier first big body building competition. If this is the case, you wont have to find them, they will find you.

i know a few guys who got some sponosors for their first.. but i haven't had a chance to talk to them about it yet... i just know its real expensive......

I really wish I could tell you but I don't know either :(

Once you prove yourself by winning a show or placing well then it's easy.

Usually if you don't look really really good you won't be able to get sponsorship before you actually compete and impress someone.

I would drop the trainer. It's a unnecessary expense. You can use the competitor's corner on AF for free.

We even have a mod there that is a pro BB.

We have national competitors and lots of knowledgeable amateurs.

http://anabolicfitness.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=frm&s=702093973&f=2540953661

Thanks drexx..... I'd still rather have a trainer, i know nothing about getting ready for a competition, especially when it gets closer.. all the little tedious things about the diet that are crucial...

Good call on the trainer Spunky, the right trainer can make ALL the difference in the world . 700.00 is a little steep , but i assume thats including diet , training , posing , and music .
A trainer won't lie to you like a mirror can.
As for sponsorship at your level , if your lucky you might get a gym T shirt to wear at the show (some old school BB/PL gyms may give you the month before the show free), but real sponsorship (money,food,drugs,supps) is probably not realistic .

Spunky said:
Anyone have some ideas? This shits killing my pocket.. I'm buying chicken and steak by the truck loads, plus my trainer is gonna cost me $700. Did any of you guys who competed get sponsors?? if so, what kind of places did u contact?
It is very, very hard unless you are a top amature. You could try local businesses. But supplement comps ect, forget it unless you are the next coming of Ronnie Coleman. The bottom line is there is no money in bodybuilding. You will always put more money into it then you get back, far more. You must compete for yourself and you have to be able to take on the expenses of it. I know that it is expensive as hell because I have done is for several years. Even most pros end up making no money and spending more on food, supps and drugs then they ever make back. That is just reality.

yea i understand that... lol, its funny u mention the tshirt thing.. i was talkin to the owner of the gym and he said they'd give me a tshirt to wear to the competition.. i was like.. wooopty fuckin doo, thanks.. how about $700? :) lol.. nah i didn't actually say it but i thought it.

Your lucky to even get a t-shirt :)

My gym didn't offer to give me a t-shirt to promote the gym ?!?

Top Bottom