Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

warrior diet

I tried the warrior diet for a week. I know, not much time, but I believe I felt the main effects of the diet by the 3rd day on it.

I have to say by day 3 and on I felt great during the day. Alert and solid energy levels.

I trained 4x during this week with 2 weight days and 2 sprint intervals days.

By day 3 hunger wasn't an issue during the day, but by workout 2 I noticed performance loss in my workout. I should add that I stopped the diet today and today was workout #4. It was a terrible workout.

My strength felt weak and I had no energy during my workout. I actually had to cut my workout short as I gassed out about 20 minutes into it.

Just as some background info workout #2 I noticed I had kind of a vague feeling going on in my head and #3 I was noticing some minor performance loss.

I workout in the evenings and have a very physical job and I haven't been water fasting, but using a nearly identical undereating phase as listed in the WD book.

Basically I feel like I am training on empty even though I have been consuming massive dinners at night. I'm talking all food groups represented in bulk with ALOT of total protein, carbs and good fats. I don't know the actual calorie count, but I know based off the foods I am eating my main meals have easily been +2k calories.

I'm not bashing the diet at all. I am thinking that I need to modify it abit and take in some oats with protein pre-workout and see how that works.

As the guy in the post mentioned he eats as much as he wants in a 4 hour window my thoughts were kind of gravitating to that as well.

I guess the point of my post is that Ori Hofmekler clearly has suggestions and that you take them if you are a highly active person because I know that for me I need some carbs in me before the workout.

I'm also not a huge fan of you can only have this much fat with these carbs and that kinda thing. Eat healthy. I know there is science to the mechanics of food combining, but that just takes it abit too far for me.

In short, I like the Warrior Diet, but pay close attention to the authors recommendations for athlete's and active people as I find training on empty unproductive.

yeah i think thats a really good point. i don't think this a diet of deprivation at all, because i'm eating more than i used to. but its really important to listen to your body.

so i guess some people want to try this judging by the PMs i'm getting asking how's its working out. Just a thought for anyone else that wants to do it. i don't recommend switching to this type of eating right away. it took me about 3 weeks to fully transition, each day reducing and adding food to create the under-eating and overeating phases.

hunger is not an issue. i never feel hungry now, yet its REALLY important to listen to what your body is telling you. any diet can be modified to fit you. i did modify the WD to some extent too. although i don't eat too many dense foods in the morning i do have a small mini meal about 2 hours before workout and a small protein shake about an hour later(if you take supplements before workouts, i think around this time would be a good idea). still just light meal though. a heavier meal (for me) tends to deplete energy, subdue me rather than give me another surge to keep me going.

umm what else? thats about it, really. just another "diet". another way of eating that might or might not work for some people. just have to listen to your body, it has all the right answers.:)

For 3 weeks now I have been doing the following, due to work hours as well as school hours, I just cannot find time to have daily meals. Does this look like a "Warrior Diet" plan? If so, it flippin rules!!

8:00 Am- 4-6 strawberries, handful of blueberries

1:00 PM- 1 Apple

8:00 PM- 2 ANP sandwiches on multi grain, no sugar bread with a bannana
1 bowl homage veggie supo (greens, corn, tomato juice)
7 oz. chicken breast put into the soup
big glass of 1% milk

My daily calories are around 1700 and I feel so good during the day it is unreal.

I workout before my nightly meal and every other day i do not workout, I make my dinner no carbs (huge salad with chicken, cheese, blue cheese dressing 1300 calories)

For 3 weeks now I have been doing the following, due to work hours as well as school hours, I just cannot find time to have daily meals. Does this look like a "Warrior Diet" plan? If so, it flippin rules!!

8:00 Am- 4-6 strawberries, handful of blueberries

1:00 PM- 1 Apple

8:00 PM- 2 ANP sandwiches on multi grain, no sugar bread with a bannana
1 bowl homage veggie supo (greens, corn, tomato juice)
7 oz. chicken breast put into the soup
big glass of 1% milk

My daily calories are around 1700 and I feel so good during the day it is unreal.

I workout before my nightly meal and every other day i do not workout, I make my dinner no carbs (huge salad with chicken, cheese, blue cheese dressing 1300 calories)

yep thats def undereating/overeating phases. it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a protein shake during the day. my daily calorie intake is about the same as yours i think, i do eat a bit more than you during the day, but i'm still feeling great throughout!

UPDATE
still doing my own variation of WD
i have gained 1 pound since my last update. i think this the leanest i've ever been. well i feel pretty lean. i don't get bloated or lethargic anymore. still awesome energy throughout the day.

at first the big meal would pretty much put me to sleep, now not so much. still feeling good(and not sleepy) after meal, so my sleep cycle has been a bit out of wack lately. i'll need to work on that.

my killer sweet tooth as been destroyed. also i used to crave junk food if i was around it too long or too much. i also don't experience those carvings anymore. the reason i am able to drink so much water and it not being hard to do so is because its so easy to distinguish between hunger and thirst now.

i'm excited to see more muscle definition throughout my body also.(i was flexing in front of the mirror today after i got out of the shower!lol)

I decided to have a HUGE cheat meal that last 35 minutes 2 nights ago. I woke up feeling leaner, stronger and better. I just wonder if ever 6-8 days on the WD, a big binge meal of anything goes would be a good idea. It seems whether I am just doing pushups/pullups or moving heavy iron, I get run down after 6 or so days.

Of course 2 times a week, my no carb days put me at only 1200 cal. for that day, and I am 175 lbs or so.

For example, here is what I ate a few nights ago in a matter of 35 minutes. Granted, on the cheat meal day, I had 50 kcal. for breakfast from berries and water fasted all day until the binge at 7 PM. I will tell you this, you body can takevin a ton of food after fasting.

Here is what I ate

1 whole DiGiornio pizza
3/4 of a half gallon of ice cream
2 snicker bars
A few Dorittos
About 15 hershey kisses

4500 or so kcal.

And I am telling you, I feel like a million bucks the following 3-4 days. The following morning I feel kind of run down, but after that, I feel super lean.

On another note, I keep trying to go back to a "regular" diet of 4-6 meals a day and when I try, I feel like absolute garbage, anyone else have this issue?

I find it hard to believe that this could be healthy...
especially the chocolate bars and ice cream...
would you normally eat all this sugary junk food if you hadn't fasted all day? (on a cheat day?)
Or is this just cravings gone wild?

For example, here is what I ate a few nights ago in a matter of 35 minutes. Granted, on the cheat meal day, I had 50 kcal. for breakfast from berries and water fasted all day until the binge at 7 PM. I will tell you this, you body can takevin a ton of food after fasting.
Here is what I ate
1 whole DiGiornio pizza
3/4 of a half gallon of ice cream
2 snicker bars
A few Dorittos
About 15 hershey kisses
4500 or so kcal.

And I am telling you, I feel like a million bucks the following 3-4 days. The following morning I feel kind of run down, but after that, I feel super lean.
On another note, I keep trying to go back to a "regular" diet of 4-6 meals a day and when I try, I feel like absolute garbage, anyone else have this issue?

On a normal bodybuilding diet of sub caloric calories, I eat this much or twice as much in a day but usually low fat food.

For example a very low carb diet for 6-7 days of around 1800, with about 3 big low fat cheat days a month.

But on this WD, I make it whatever I want to eat once a week or so. I am telling you, it has no effect on overall results. Healthy? Well it depends on your meaning of healthy I guess. I want to live and enjoy my life and if I want to spend 30 minutes, out of 168 hours per week cheating, I am doing it.

Top Bottom