Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

warrior diet

*ebony*

okay, so i've been doing the frequent meals a day for awhile now. 4-8 meals a day depending. i've been reading up on the warrior diet recently and the more i read about it, the more i like it.

so basically it goes like this.

undereating should be about 20 hours, overeating 4
during undereating you should consume some fruit or veggies (and or their juices), if you train you should have a high protein, low carb recovery meal. if your goal is muscle mass you can have up to three recovery meals every 1-2 hours after training.
nuts are a p.m. food, you should consume them on high fat days during overeating, during undereating they are only allowed in the beginning or on days you feel deprived.

overeating: you should start wit raw veggies (big salad), move to cooked ones, after that protein and finish wit either carbs or fat, depending on your fuel choice of the day. you should leave about 20 minutes between each course.

you should rotate between high fat and high carb days, lets say 2-4 fat days and one carb day to teach your body to use both fuels with the same efficiency and to optimize hormone levels.

food combinations are another important part of the wd, never consume nuts together with grains or fruit, veggies and protein can combine with anything

some of you(most) probably will cringe at the thought of even trying it, because it is opposite what a typical bodybuilder diet looks like.

if you answered yes to the above statement, i encourage you to be open minded enough to google it and read the basic science behind it.

i'm gonna be the your test bunny for this diet, if anyone is interested in trying it now or later. will let you know how it goes.

also if you've done it. would love to hear your thought.

i understand the carb cyclung but i cant make sence of the rest of it. is there more info somewhere?

wow. that sounds drastic. ill leave that one alone until i see someone else with some mass make it through. thanks for the links.

I dunno but I think the lighting has a great effect on the visibility of the six pack, and thats the 1st thing someone would look at for change (concerning the video, I dont get the diet lol)..

i skimmed through the T-Nation link and basically its a diet where you increase the time between meals until you are only eating one meal a day either post workout or before bed. Small protein meals can be eaten throughout the day if you need them though. Some days protein and fats are your main sources of energy and some days protein and carbs are your main source of energy?

is this right?

Do it ebony! I've been intermittent fasting on and off for a few months now. Yes it's against the grain, and yes it works (although most cringe at the thought)

I've heard a lot of great things about the warrior diet. The only downside i've heard about is the difficulty in maintaining it. A lot of people simply can't do it. I know you can though.

i skimmed through the T-Nation link and basically its a diet where you increase the time between meals until you are only eating one meal a day either post workout or before bed. Small protein meals can be eaten throughout the day if you need them though. Some days protein and fats are your main sources of energy and some days protein and carbs are your main source of energy?

is this right?

yep pretty much. the concept behind the first phase is Under-eating naturally stimulates the sympathetic nervous system (SNS), which promotes alertness, competitiveness and energy expenditure. "During this time, the body shifts into a negative energy balance and thus is forced to break down stored fat for energy."

the concept behind the second phase according to the author "The overeating phase triggers the para-sympathetic nervous system (PSNS), which promotes relaxation, digestion and recuperation. During this phase, the body shifts into a positive energy balance, while establishing an overall anabolic state. This is the time when the body recuperates, builds tissues and replenishes energy reserves."

Some days protein and fats are your main sources of energy and some days protein and carbs are your main source of energy?

the concept behind this one is that you train your body to use both sources of energy efficiently.

Top Bottom