Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

warrior diet

Do it ebony! I've been intermittent fasting on and off for a few months now. Yes it's against the grain, and yes it works (although most cringe at the thought)

I've heard a lot of great things about the warrior diet. The only downside i've heard about is the difficulty in maintaining it. A lot of people simply can't do it. I know you can though.

been reading on intermittent fasting too. as well as the eat, stop, eat concept. really interesting.

i think the WD will work for me though. not too fond of my current way of eating. dont really like eating all the time! remembering to eat, ect. this is how i pretty much how i ate a while back, i was perfectly fit and lean, no effort. the only reason i became fatso was my diet slowly converted to sumo wrestler type.lol

plus i'm really excited because i have fasted before in the past(month of Ramadan actually) and experienced amazing mental clarity. this wont be nearly as restrictive though.

holy! don't make me show you mah big guns!:destroy:

lol i didnt mean it like that. i just dont trust the net claims. i would have to see some of the larger folks on here or some that i know personally get through this without major loss.

I dunno but I think the lighting has a great effect on the visibility of the six pack, and thats the 1st thing someone would look at for change (concerning the video, I dont get the diet lol)..

lol, true. but if those results are from the WD, this dude clearly gained some mass, lost some fat.

lol i didnt mean it like that. i just dont trust the net claims. i would have to see some of the larger folks on here or some that i know personally get through this without major loss.

lol, yeah i knew what you meant. just playin wit ya.:)

lol, true. but if those results are from the WD, this dude clearly gained some mass, lost some fat.

lol, yeah i knew what you meant. just playin wit ya.:)

still hoping to see the guns though.

been reading on intermittent fasting too. as well as the eat, stop, eat concept. really interesting.

i think the WD will work for me though. not too fond of my current way of eating. dont really like eating all the time! remembering to eat, ect. this is how i pretty much how i ate a while back, i was perfectly fit and lean, no effort. the only reason i became fatso was my diet slowly converted to sumo wrestler type.lol

plus i'm really excited because i have fasted before in the past(month of Ramadan actually) and experienced amazing mental clarity. this wont be nearly as restrictive though.

Yes ... i do my best work during this time. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do on the WD. I'm sure you'll handle it like a pro.

alright, thought i'd update and tell you all what i think so far.

i slowly transition into this type of eating and only start fully eating like the book outlines this Monday. i don't count calories but i assume i eat around 1500-1900 cals depending. i've been trying to make my "dinner" at least a 1000 cals each night.

some thoughts:

surprising of the roof energy. freaking bouncing off walls.

i'm naturally a jolly old gal, but i noticed i'm "happier".IDK

i haven't lost strength, and added five pounds to my bench max on Monday.

i don't know if i experience more clarity exactly, but i have more focus. well its easier focus on ONE thing, which if you know me....well its def cool. i feel like i'm getting alot more done.:D

also water is alot easier to drink. i have no problem doing a gallon per day.

i workout in the evening, come back and start eating. best sleep medicine ever. its doesn't put me out exactly, but if i so choose to go to sleep right after sleep come easily.

also i recovery is improved IMO.

i did lose 3 pounds so far even though i've been getting just as much if not more calories as i used to.

alright, thought i'd update and tell you all what i think so far.

i slowly transition into this type of eating and only start fully eating like the book outlines this Monday. i don't count calories but i assume i eat around 1500-1900 cals depending. i've been trying to make my "dinner" at least a 1000 cals each night.

some thoughts:

surprising of the roof energy. freaking bouncing off walls.

i'm naturally a jolly old gal, but i noticed i'm "happier".IDK

i haven't lost strength, and added five pounds to my bench max on Monday.

i don't know if i experience more clarity exactly, but i have more focus. well its easier focus on ONE thing, which if you know me....well its def cool. i feel like i'm getting alot more done.:D

also water is alot easier to drink. i have no problem doing a gallon per day.

i workout in the evening, come back and start eating. best sleep medicine ever. its doesn't put me out exactly, but if i so choose to go to sleep right after sleep come easily.

also i recovery is improved IMO.

i did lose 3 pounds so far even though i've been getting just as much if not more calories as i used to.

Yeah! Good job. You are going to do well on this.

I tried the warrior diet for a week. I know, not much time, but I believe I felt the main effects of the diet by the 3rd day on it.

I have to say by day 3 and on I felt great during the day. Alert and solid energy levels.

I trained 4x during this week with 2 weight days and 2 sprint intervals days.

By day 3 hunger wasn't an issue during the day, but by workout 2 I noticed performance loss in my workout. I should add that I stopped the diet today and today was workout #4. It was a terrible workout.

My strength felt weak and I had no energy during my workout. I actually had to cut my workout short as I gassed out about 20 minutes into it.

Just as some background info workout #2 I noticed I had kind of a vague feeling going on in my head and #3 I was noticing some minor performance loss.

I workout in the evenings and have a very physical job and I haven't been water fasting, but using a nearly identical undereating phase as listed in the WD book.

Basically I feel like I am training on empty even though I have been consuming massive dinners at night. I'm talking all food groups represented in bulk with ALOT of total protein, carbs and good fats. I don't know the actual calorie count, but I know based off the foods I am eating my main meals have easily been +2k calories.

I'm not bashing the diet at all. I am thinking that I need to modify it abit and take in some oats with protein pre-workout and see how that works.

As the guy in the post mentioned he eats as much as he wants in a 4 hour window my thoughts were kind of gravitating to that as well.

I guess the point of my post is that Ori Hofmekler clearly has suggestions and that you take them if you are a highly active person because I know that for me I need some carbs in me before the workout.

I'm also not a huge fan of you can only have this much fat with these carbs and that kinda thing. Eat healthy. I know there is science to the mechanics of food combining, but that just takes it abit too far for me.

In short, I like the Warrior Diet, but pay close attention to the authors recommendations for athlete's and active people as I find training on empty unproductive.

Yeah! Good job. You are going to do well on this.

yeah i think i just might. i might need to increase cals even more though as i don't really want to lose any more weight at this point. i think the increased activity in my day=the weightloss.

Top Bottom