Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Want to bulk up!

skinnyman27131

Hey guys,

First off, thanks for taking the time to read this, I'm quite new to bodybuilding, and really appreciate any and all the advice I can get. So the problem for me is, I'm very skinny, have been my whole life, and would now like to add some pounds. I'm wondering what meals I should eat to gain weight fast. At the moment, I usually have a bowl of macaroni with chicken soup for breakfast at around 7:30, rice with some meat for lunch at around 11:30, a bowl of rice and some meat at around 4:00, and 2 bowls of rice and meat for dinner at around 7:30.

Background info:
-5 feet 7 inches
-115 pounds
-5.75 inches wrist size
-Approx 32 inch waistline
-Just turned 18, in my last year of highschool
-Live with parents, so mom makes my meals still (I'm chinese, hence all the rice)
-Just started to workout (pushups, squats, barbell curls, chin ups, sit ups, bench press)

So as you can see, I'm very skinny and underweight. Any tips for meals to gain weight, or exercises to help me build muscles fast would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

First off, thanks for taking the time to read this, I'm quite new to bodybuilding, and really appreciate any and all the advice I can get. So the problem for me is, I'm very skinny, have been my whole life, and would now like to add some pounds. I'm wondering what meals I should eat to gain weight fast. At the moment, I usually have a bowl of macaroni with chicken soup for breakfast at around 7:30, rice with some meat for lunch at around 11:30, a bowl of rice and some meat at around 4:00, and 2 bowls of rice and meat for dinner at around 7:30.

Background info:
-5 feet 7 inches
-115 pounds
-5.75 inches wrist size
-Approx 32 inch waistline
-Just turned 18, in my last year of highschool
-Live with parents, so mom makes my meals still (I'm chinese, hence all the rice)
-Just started to workout (pushups, squats, barbell curls, chin ups, sit ups, bench press)

So as you can see, I'm very skinny and underweight. Any tips for meals to gain weight, or exercises to help me build muscles fast would be greatly appreciated.

i started at 120 lbs squating 40 lbs now im 188 squating 275 for reps . im not big buy body building standards but its just to let you know that you can get bigger/stronger no matter where you start.
as for diet the best thing i can say is that you MUST read and learn all you can about body building nutrition so you know yourself what and when to eat we are all different so there is no one BEST DIET but right now food is your friend eat all the rice and vegatables your mum gives you but add as much whole milk meat eggs n fish that you can and stay away from junk food . as for training i would suggest strong lifts 5x5 (google it i cant post a link) as it will teach you technique and build you a decent level of strength and is very easy to follow .
good luck

Thanks for the reply! I was just wondering though, at home, I usually drink soy milk, is that different, or will that work as well instead of whole milk? I'm not lactose intolerant, it just happens I drink soy milk. Also, my friend suggested I eat a meal right before I go to bed, to help put on weight. Have you heard anything about this? Does it really work? Is it good for me?

Well, let's start with what are you eating now, what's a typical day of meals look like?

~EZ

Broccoli_man.gif

Alright, here's what I've been eating lately and how a typical day of meals looks like.

7:30
some kind of fruit serving (cantaloupe, strawberries, or orange usually)
bowl of macaroni with chicken soup and some meatballs

10:30
light snack (crackers)

11:30
bowl and a half of rice with meat
1 serving of fruit (usually strawberries or cantaloupe)

4:00
bowl of rice with meat
vegetable drink
1 banana

7:15
soup
2 bowls of rice
meat
vegetables

Thanks for the reply! I was just wondering though, at home, I usually drink soy milk, is that different, or will that work as well instead of whole milk? I'm not lactose intolerant, it just happens I drink soy milk. Also, my friend suggested I eat a meal right before I go to bed, to help put on weight. Have you heard anything about this? Does it really work? Is it good for me?
soy milk wont kill you but whole milk (full fat) is what you want and eating before bed will help you but just eating anytime at your weight will help as your eating like a 10/12 year old at the moment . you are 18 you will grow very fast if you just lift HEAVY on all the basic lifts(ala SL 5x5) n eat BIG as i said you MUST learn for your self about nutrition this is one of the most important things you can do . i cant post links but google john beradi and lyle mcdonald n start reading what they right .

Alright, here's what I've been eating lately and how a typical day of meals looks like.

7:30
some kind of fruit serving (cantaloupe, strawberries, or orange usually)
bowl of macaroni with chicken soup and some meatballs

10:30
light snack (crackers)

11:30
bowl and a half of rice with meat
1 serving of fruit (usually strawberries or cantaloupe)

4:00
bowl of rice with meat
vegetable drink
1 banana

7:15
soup
2 bowls of rice
meat
vegetables

My nephew is 5 and he eats more than this in a day....:D

The 1st problem is you're eating too much sugar with all that fruit....and is it white rice? Can you switch to brown?

You want to include a protein in every meal; chicken, lean beef, turkey, and eat a lot of it...add the weight 1st, then later if you want, worry about shaping it...try a large glass a whole milk right before you go to bed...

When do you workout and what is your workout like? What do you eat/consume immediately post workout? That's a very important meal...

You're also going a long time in between meals, I know it's hard with wotk and/or school, but increase the frequency of meals as well....every 2.5-3 hours....

~EZ

as much fast digesting carbs as possible right before bed with some healthy fat.
ie. force feed a large bowl (1/2lb or so) of pasta with heavy olive oil 20-30 minutes before bed.

Alright, so I guess I need to eat more... By the way, it doesn't make a huge difference I guess, but just to clarify, when I say bowl, I don't mean like a small bowl, I'm measuring by a cereal bowl.
I know I have to eat more, but I'm always trying to stuff myself to the max, and I find it very hard to eat anymore once I am full. Does anybody have any tips just how to eat more, since I'm already trying to stuff myself.

Also, can anybody give me a quick mock up of what a day of meals should be for me with times and what to eat?

controlled labs makes a product, black hole... im not sure if its any good.

550 gms carbs
250 fat
230 protein

eat every 2-3 hours if possible. Never go longer than 3 hours. A good weight gainer shaker would make a big difference here. I like Optimum nutritions serious mass.

drink a lot of milk.

add deadlifts into your workout.

a lot of peanut butter.
whole milk cottage cheese.

lift heavy. rest plenty.

Top Bottom