Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vegan Diet For Energy

GameOver23

Hey

Ok, i have read the forum, hunting for things i can eat, but im finding it a real struggle, im sorry for posting again about a diet, i need some help.

My problem is that im a vegan, i hate oils, and all i eat in the day at the moment is packet rice and peas (1 plate a day) and some biscuits/cookies.

Im tired ALL the time, sometimes i can sleep for 16 hours a day, this just isnt normal or healthy, im desperate and do need some help and advice.

I love salad things, i love vegatables, am i screwed? I know that salad is good for me, so its not about eating healthy things, because i have my rice at the moment (funny i know lol).

This is about energy, i cant sleep for this long, and i need energy, all day energy, i want to be buzzing all day, but i have no idea what to eat or what i can eat.

Thanks

Matt

It's going to be a struggle to find some vegan advice on a bodybuilding forum i'm sure bro... I say do some research.

In the meantime list what you WILL NOT eat no matter what so we know what foods you will eat (figure the will not list will be shorter, maybe not so?).

That vegan diet Aries wrote out for you last time was a good suggestion I think. Did you at least give it a try? You can sleep for 23 hours a day and still not have energy if you're not getting at least the minimum amount of calories and macronutrients required for your body each day.

just found this:

Aries13 said:
Let me begin by distinguishing between the different types of vegetarians. There are vegans (also known as strict vegetarians) who consume no animal products or animal byproducts whatsoever, lacto-ovo vegetarians who consume milk and eggs but no meat and pesco-vegetarians who consume fish as well as dairy. There are also a few other subcategories.

I know the first question that probably comes to mind is, "How will I get enough protein?" One of the measurement scales for protein quality, soy has been rated 1.0 (the highest) right alongside whey and above that of beef which scored a .92. It is a complete protein source containing all of the basic building blocks (the 8 essential amino acids) necessary for the growth and recuperation of muscle tissue.

It is readily available and comes in many different forms such as tofu (low-fat option available), tempeh, seitan, miso, textured soy protein (TSP), powder form (make sure you look for soy isolate and not concentrate) and soy milk which can be used in place of cow's milk in any recipe. There are numerous ways to prepare these soy products and just as many resources available to learn how to prepare these types of foods.

Other benefits of soy include its high levels of glutamine (10.5g/100g soy protein) which is a nonessential amino acid shown to have an anti-catabolic effect on the body under stress or trauma, high levels of isoflavones which studies have shown to have an anticarcinogenic effect, and soy's lowering effect on the LDL level in blood therefore reducing the risk of hypertension, atherosclerosis and other chronic diseases. But turning to soy as your primary source of protein is your best option only if you're following a strict vegetarian/vegan diet.

If you are a lacto-ovo vegetarian, incorporating other protein sources such as eggs, milk, cheese and whey protein (a milk derivative) would fall into your diet plan and if you are adhering to a pesco-vegetarian diet, consuming fish would be an excellent additional source of protein, as well.

Choosing from a variety of grains, legumes, seeds, and vegetables will provide an array of amino acids so a deficit from one food will be made up for by another. For instance, a combination of black beans and rice will provide you with a complete protein meal with high energy-yielding complex carbohydrates. The beans will make up for low levels of lysine in the grain and the higher levels of methionine in the grain will make up for the low levels of methionine in the beans.

It is in my opinion, as well as the ADA's (American Dietetic Association), that a vegetarian lifestyle is, like any diet, healthy and wise when planned appropriately. There are vegetarians who consume healthy diets and there are omnivores who consume healthy diets. There are vegetarians who eat CRAP and there are omnivores who eat REALLY crappy as well.

Here is a sample diet:

Breakfast:

3 tablespoons of Rice Protein Powder with 8oz of almond
Milk and 8oz of soy milk. I add ½ cup of frozen mango or strawberries to
The mix and one tablespoon of coconut oil.
CAN also add in two teaspoons of Vitamineral Green (Similar Products)

Mid Afternoon Snack:

½ cup of almonds and ½ cup of raisins

Late Afternoon Snack:

Two Veggie burgers with olive oil
Some Sprouted Bread (“Ezekial” or "Man's Bread)

Post Workout Shake:

3 scoops of Rice Protein Powder with 8oz of oat or rice milk.
Can throw in 1 tablespoons of flaxseed oil and ½ cup of frozen fruit.

Dinner:

Mixed Green Salad with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or one avocado.
One cup of lentils steamed with squash, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, and some tofu.
One tablespoon of olive oil is added to the mix.
One cup of quinoa
A pear or apple
Some Dark chocolate for dessert and some ginger cookies
(optional)Glass of red whine

Late Night Snack:

Peanut butter or almond butter sandwich and a cup of berries

*I also wanted to add that you should RESEARCH a lot. I know a lot of people who are bodybuilders and are strict vegetarians. So, get online and start looking for veggie diets and ways that you can get the MOST out of this life style. Good luck ;)

^^^^^^ great job Aries!

GameOver23 said:
Hey

Ok, i have read the forum, hunting for things i can eat, but im finding it a real struggle, im sorry for posting again about a diet, i need some help.

My problem is that im a vegan, i hate oils, and all i eat in the day at the moment is packet rice and peas (1 plate a day) and some biscuits/cookies.

Im tired ALL the time, sometimes i can sleep for 16 hours a day, this just isnt normal or healthy, im desperate and do need some help and advice.

I love salad things, i love vegatables, am i screwed? I know that salad is good for me, so its not about eating healthy things, because i have my rice at the moment (funny i know lol).

This is about energy, i cant sleep for this long, and i need energy, all day energy, i want to be buzzing all day, but i have no idea what to eat or what i can eat.

Thanks

Matt
Matt, honey, you're about to get some tough love from MuscleMom:

WTF are you doing to yourself?!? A PLATE OF RICE AND PEAS AND SOME BISCUITS AND COOKIES WTF KIND OF DIET IS THAT?!?

You're on starvation rations and you wanna know why you're tired all the time? :rolleyes: HELLO, Earth to MATT!!

Either stop being lazy, go get a cookbook and start cooking according to what your spiritual beliefs are or go cook a steak, make a cheese omelet and wash it down with some milk.

This namby pamby I don't know what I can eat shit is for the birds. You chose to follow this lifestyle; if you're want to make a committment to follow this path you have to be willing to make the commitment in time and energy that is required. Veganism (as opposed to some of the other forms of vegetarianism) requires particular time and energy in food selection and preparation.

So, you go get a cookbook (they even have then at the library if you don't know which one to buy) READ the philosophies and nutritional concepts, then go to the store, get stuff, and cook it.

You are currently suffering from malnutrition and you'll be suffering from a lot more if you don't get a grip on what you're doing. By not consuming EFAs you're gonna starve your brain and you're gonna start suffering from hormonal disruptions if you don't start feeding your body properly.

You could ruin your health FOREVER if you don't start eating a healthy, well balanced diet, and I am NOT exaggerating.

You go, Musclemom! Matt, honestly, I was about to write a post that was just as strong as hers.

You posted earlier that you are 11 stone, or approximately 154 lbs. You need approximately 2100 calories a day to maintain that body and have bonus energy. That translates into six meals of 350 calories each. YOU ARE CURRENTLY EATING LESS THAN 1000 CALORIES PER DAY. YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A ONE-WAY TICKET TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL AND THE PSYCH WARD GETTING FED BY A TUBE!

You don't like oils? What about avocados? What about nuts? What about tofu? What about soy milk? Punt the iceberg lettuce and white rice - go look at a vegan website, find the top 15 most calorific foods allowed a vegan and build your diet ENTIRELY from those foods for at least six weeks, eating at least six times a day.

The other possibility for what is happening to you - stage four depression . Gameover23 is your game over? IF THIS IS EVEN A REMOTE POSSIBILITY, CALL THE AMBULANCE - DO NOT PASS GO - DO NOT COLLECT $200 - GO STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL and take printouts of what you've posted re. energy, sleeping patterns, feelings.

We'd love to see you on here, posting about your awesome vegan diet and workouts and great gains and energy! But we can't fix your world - only you can fix your world or find the 'world mechanics' you need to help you (and even the 'world mechanics' need your hands and brain and drive to do the work - they can only advise).

Wow, i am being grilled, hehehe, but its ok i appreciate the reply.

I did not try out that diet, because i dont like half the things on there.

Actually, the "i will eat" list is shorter, i need like a list, of foods i will get the most energy from, in order, but keeping in mind i dont do meat etc.

Silly question coming up, what gives me energy, someone said carbs, but she wasnt sure, is this right?

Im not to lazy to eat food, i am just not hungry in the day, so i dont eat :(

Im trying to get it sorted out by advice from here.

Thanks

Matt

its totally possible to have a bodybuilding diet be vegan but its all about food chemistry so you're gonna have to find someone who knows what they're doin

GameOver23 said:
Actually, the "i will eat" list is shorter, i need like a list, of foods i will get the most energy from, in order, but keeping in mind i dont do meat etc.

Highest calorie foods for a vegan, without using liquid oils. Avocado, nuts, seeds, seed or nut butters. How much of each? For you, better eat at least two avocados and all the nuts you can stomach. Eat nuts instead of rice, cook your rice with peanut butter & ginger. Peanut butter is your best friend.

Silly question coming up, what gives me energy, someone said carbs, but she wasnt sure, is this right?

Total amount of food, in the correct proportions. Energy comes from protein, fat, carbohydrate, minerals, vitamins and water, burned by the metabolic furnace. You miss out on any one of those, you're just going to smoke.

Im not to lazy to eat food, i am just not hungry in the day, so i dont eat :(

Welcome to the world of bodybuilding. Many of us are not hungry at each meal - but we know that our furnace needs to be stoked regularly or it will go out. EAT ANYWAY. Set your alarm clock if necessary. Obviously, your regular hunger signals have burned out. Until they return (and they only will if you start maintaining that body) you will have to use your brain and outside signals to MAKE SURE you get the food you need. Alternately, Dr. Jo in the psych ward will be happy to treat you in the anorexic ward with a feeding tube.

Im trying to get it sorted out by advice from here.

Thanks

Matt

Your comments, Musclemom? :verygood:

wlmcrae said:
Your comments, Musclemom? :verygood:
I can't add a thing, darlin' You're right on the mark about setting an alarm clock!

You're pretty good at that tough love stuff, too :qt: Good point about the anorexic tube!

Top Bottom