Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To valdez and to anyone that will answer this fat question

blood_drinker

Valdez, in a post down this page, you told someone not to be afraid of Olive Oil or butter.

I still live with my parents, and for lunch and dinner (not in between meals) they attempt to cook my bodybuilding way, yet they still say fuck it when they cant eat well, meaning that they cant butter the salmon to give it texture, or put a little butter on the sauteed potatoes or shit like that. I always ask HOW MUCH BUTTER DID YOU PUT IN THAT? and they go oh just a little spoonful. They use olive oil with frequency too.
They are delicate too, so its not that.
Im just wondering if thats overkill .

I know the daily sat fat intake for cutting <20g but im not a weighing scale.
Just by looking at it, is this cool?
Thanks

Cholesteral is a precursor to testosterone. If not enough is taken in the diet the body will produce more to make up for this. Im not to sure but i think that 2/3 of cholesteral is either synthesized or produced by the liver. Youll have to get someone elses opinion on this as i really cannot remember.

While there's nothing wrong with butter or olive oil per se, the combo of potatoes plus butter (High GI carbs plus fat) is a bad idea, and salmon should have plenty of good fat all by itself.....adding butter is overkill in the fat department.

Ultimately it depends on what type of diet you're on. But it can be tough to lose fat if you leave the preparation of your meals to someone else who doesn't have the same goals as you.

MS is right on, you should avoid high fat when taking with high GI carbs. butter or olive oil with protein is not a problem.
some people I think just go overboard with their misconceptions about fat intake. fat is not the evil macronutrient most people think it is, you just have to pay attention to what type of fat and what foods you eat it with. (the same goes for carbs too)

Isn't there evidence that the glycemic index is invalid when combining fats?

Even though a potato is high in glycemic value, the intake of fats will nulify the effects.

Saturated fats, those that come mainly from animal sources and certain tropical oils such as coconut and palm, are usually solid at room temperature. The liver uses saturated fats to manufacture cholesterol, a fat-related substance. The more saturated fat in the diet, the more cholesterol your liver will produce.We all know they are bad for us. Few of us are able to admit, though, that we don't need not even one bite of saturated fat ever again to remain healthy. Well, if we take a vitamin B12 pill, anyway.
Specific foods which contain a significant amount of saturated fat include chicken fat (30 percent), vegetable shortening (31 percent), lard (40 percent), 2% milk (41 percent), beef fat (50 percent), butter (62 percent), palm kernel oil (81 percent), and coconut oil (86 percent) .Hydrogenated fats are created when an oil that is largely unsaturated, such as corn oil, has hydrogen added to it, causing fat to become more solid at room temperature.

During hydrogenation, the unsaturated fat becomes more saturated. Trans fatty acids are synthetic saturated fats. They are generally man-made, however they can form naturally in cow's milk with up to 14% butter fat, and can also occur in vegetable fats (through hydrogenation). The hydrogen molecules attached at the center of the fatty acid carbon chain flips 180 degrees, which straightens the natural curve or kink in the typical cis-configured fat.

When converted, the cis-shape chemically alters to a trans configuration and hence is called a trans fat. Most margarine and vegetable shortening have been trans fat converted through full or partial hydrogenation process. Trans fats interfere with metabolic absorption efficiencies and tend to congregate at adipose tissue sites. They are difficult to excrete from the body and are a low quality energy source. Studies at the University of Massachusetts Medical School found that 23% of carbohydrate calories are lost as a conversion cost when converting to fat. Thus, if I eat 100 calories of potato, only 77 calories are available for conversion to body fat.
Now I add 100 calories of margarine or butter to the potato to make it taste good. A whopping 97 of those calories are available to become body fat.

Scary!!

Top Bottom