Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

USNIC and Kombucha

Naxis

I have a kombucha culture on the way via mail. I was wondering if any of you have the ability or means to do any kind of chemical analysis on either the culture or the tea. The kombucha propagates itself every 10 days or so and would be an inexpensive and plentiful source of usnic, if it's possible to get a usable amount without a full laboratory. Long shot, but figured I'd ask as it's such a hot topic.

Naxis said:
I have a kombucha culture on the way via mail. I was wondering if any of you have the ability or means to do any kind of chemical analysis on either the culture or the tea. The kombucha propagates itself every 10 days or so and would be an inexpensive and plentiful source of usnic, if it's possible to get a usable amount without a full laboratory. Long shot, but figured I'd ask as it's such a hot topic.

Not sure about testing it, but I did buy some in caps at the corner vitamen shoppe and took a ton of them for over a week with no success... Xenadrine (E/C/A) was better IMO

I have searched everywhere for this information (how much UA is in kombucha as well as usnea). I have not been able to find it anywhere! IMO only the 98-99% pure UA products have enough to do anything. But if you're really curious I know an independent lab that will analyze raw product for around $165.

Top Bottom