Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ULTIMATE DIET=low carbs with MCT's

i have dieted off and on through the years and what always happens when i diet after about 2 days progress comes to a halt and i usually do a refeed to bump up metabolism and fill up my glycogen stores.

but i have never tried using medium chain triglicerides found in fresh coconuts. i may be slightly wrong on this but im pretty shure that 50-80 percent of fat in coconut is an mct (which does not get stored as fat but instead it increases the metabolism by increasing thyroid output). this almost seems to me a diet to end all diets. i have heard of some bodybuilders using this approach, but i dont know too much about the use of mct's and how much is actually needed if some one is going extremely low on carbs and calories.

im going to try the diet tommorrow by eating a whole half of coconut with salads all day with protien and see how long my progress continues until i need a refeed OR if i can go through a straight and strict low cal diet till i reach my goal.

im thinking i will need to eat more coconut as i go along because my body will be in defense mode and will need something to support the metabolism

if anyone has had success with this id like to hear it. im thinking that a half of a cocunut has about 80 fats (mcts) because it said like every 2 inch square has 15 fats. hopefully someone has a clearer explanation of how much fat is in a coconut which is the size of a grape fruit

You'd rather buy pure virgin coconut oil

Your intention is noble but there is no way in hell you can judge what is going on in 2 days.

Try it for at least 3 weeks and tell about your progress.

get muscle milk

its fats are almost all MTC's and its better than drinking coconut milk if you ask me

nikolai_bolkov said:
Your intention is noble but there is no way in hell you can judge what is going on in 2 days.

Try it for at least 3 weeks and tell about your progress.

i will keep you guys updated for shure. im not going to be a 100 percent strict on the diet. for instance i go to some chicks house and she cooks me a big ass dinner ill eat it. but when im at home or on the go its just salads and not much protien. ive always been able to get away with a low amount of protien i guess its just good genetics

i prefer to get my mcts straight from the coconut. they are very cheap and only a dollar.

i hate to buy the actuall oil because its boring to take. id rather munch on the coconut

********UPDATE********

progress is going quite well. i basically take a pinch off of the coconut every few hours or so, i dont really keep much track. protien is still quite low about 30-80. i doubt i ever hit 100 grams. i try to shuvel in as much salad with fat free dressing and chedder cheese. i wont eat salad unless i hook it up right. carbs are probably 100 grams. sometimes more and sometimes less carbs, probably not going over 250 and not any less than 40.

i also walk on the treadmill while i read my biology book too. so that is burning some extra cals. im also still taking kelp and l tryosine.

im about 235 plus or minus. i estimate that i will be completely shredded with striations everywhere at 215, at about 5%.

Top Bottom