Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Ultimate Diet to Get Ripped while Maintaing Muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
iwealth said:
theonecrum,

you might be able to help me out a lot here .. i'm sort of a fat skinny guy, i guess. i'm only 147 lbs, 5'10", not much muscle mass, and some excess fat around the gut, love handles, etc.

would this "cutting" diet be a good idea for me while lifting to gain muscle at the same time? i'm just not sure what to do first. i probably have a natural tendancy to pack on bodyfat especially in those prone areas. i have terrible genetics i guess but i don't want to give up here.

right now i am bulking with tons of protein and tons of low GI carbs .. i'm up 6-7 pounds in under 2 weeks but i am afraid a couple more weeks of this and i'm going to have a ton of fat gained.

any thoughts on what i should try to do here?

I Definatly would not try this program if I was you. Instead go on a clean bulking-up foundation type Program.

Protein is the Key for you. Consume 1.5-2 grams per lb of bodyweight, read all your labels to make sure you are actually eating as much protein as you say you are.

I WOULD still NOT mix Fat and Carbs in ANY of your meals.

Meal 1) 3 servings Whey/ Oatmeal
Meal 2) 2 Chicken Breasts/ Rice Bowl
Meal 3) (Post workout) 2 servings Whey/ Glass O.J.
Meal 4) Lean Steak/ Veggies
Meal 5) Tuna/Safflower mayo (Full fat)/ mixed w/ onions etc.
Meal 6) 3 servings of Whey/ 2 Tablespoons Flax Oil.

As you will notice the LAST 3 meals are virtually Carb-Free and the First 3 are virtually Fat-Free. In none of the meals are Carbs and Fat combined. If you want to gain a good amount of Lean Muscle, This program will most likely work Best for you.

Good Luck.

Train HEAVY.

Peace

proxy said:
Diet With No carbs is fuckin unhealthy ........

:confused:

Crum, good post...interesting point about the no carbs + fats at the same time, that is something I overlooked when planning my cutting diet I'm currently on for the ABCDE, I'll have to remedy that immediately.

Very good post Crum. This diet will definitely work. However, just for the sake of playing devil's advocate here, let me reiterate something you just passingly mentioned: THIS DIET IS NOT EASY TO FOLLOW. I only mention this b/c some reader's may think... "Hey, sounds good... I'll start tomorrow and be ripped in a couple months!" Well, think again. It's not too tough to cut down on calories. It doesn't take that much effort to reduce fat intake. Eliminating carbs from one's diet, especially for 2 months with no cheat days, is much, much tougher than it sounds. As blood glucose levels fall, hunger mechanisms within our hypothalamus and higher centers are activated. These centers have been with us through millions of years of evolution, and they serve as an alarm that WE NEED CARBS. Although not impossible, these cravings, especially after days and days of carb depletion, are very difficult to suppress.
Just to make this diet a little more bearable (and not necessarily any less effective), I attest to one "carb up" day... one day every 7-10 days when one should injest a moderate amount of low GI carbs. This would serve multiple purposes: 1) halt ketosis, 2) keep the BMR up, and most importantly 3) keep one's sanity so you can remain compliant with the diet. Any thoughts?

P.S. Have some Karma

Cuts said:
Very good post Crum. This diet will definitely work. However, just for the sake of playing devil's advocate here, let me reiterate something you just passingly mentioned: THIS DIET IS NOT EASY TO FOLLOW. I only mention this b/c some reader's may think... "Hey, sounds good... I'll start tomorrow and be ripped in a couple months!" Well, think again

Just to make this diet a little more bearable (and not necessarily any less effective), I attest to one "carb up" day... one day every 7-10 days when one should injest a moderate amount of low GI carbs. This would serve multiple purposes: 1) halt ketosis, 2) keep the BMR up, and most importantly 3) keep one's sanity so you can remain compliant with the diet. Any thoughts?

1. Your First point is definitely TRUE. I've said it before, This diet is not Easy BY anymeans, But then again if it where easy, then you would be seeing a lot more people with 6-Packs Running around. Good thing you brought it up again though.

2. I've said this before ...

Tha One CrumCake said:

This is NOT a keto-type diet, So if you HAVE to eat a carb , make sure it's something like Oatmeal or Brown/Wild Rice, No more than 3 times a week. This might even be beneficial to include a complex carb such as the ones I just mentioned, every 3 days.

You WILL be eating a Post-Workout shake which WILL contain carbs (simple).

Once again this is NOT a keto diet, so eating the carbs "certain" types of really low-glycemic carbs in one of your meals (also your post-workout shake, (simple carbs) ) will help keep muscles full if you feel they are getting flat.

The BMR won't really be screwed with since you will be eating every 2 hours, and you will include a post-workout shake in your meals.

Although if you where to have 1 "Carb-uP" Day every 7-10 days, Just make sure you don't make it a "cheat day" and hit up the local Chinese Food Buffet. Keep it clean with Fruits and Oats, and try not to eat like a Lunatic.

I Doubt the Carb-Up would have any effect on your fat loss, But remember if you decide to go about it this way, then cut down on your Carb meals which you would regularly have every 3 days or so.

Peace.

Agreed on all points. By the way, love the Ferris Buellher quotes... what a classic that was :)! Here's a couple more I like...

"When Cameron was in Egypt land... let my Cameron goooooo..."

"How can I be expected to handle school on a day like this?"

LOL!

p60 said:
could I expect to lose more than 1% of body fat per week on this kind of diet?

Right now I already have a diet thats making me lose around 1% a week. Should I switch to this one?

Don't Fuck with Success, if your plan is currently making you lose 1% bodyfat a week, Stick to it and do not stray.

Keep up tha good work Bro.

Peace.

Hi The game2001
If you are saaying that diet with no carbs is healty you have to take good book and learn how body works.
With the best intensions .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom