Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Turkey chili, healthiest bb food recipe ever

mrzap

I'm not sure of a more perfect protein and carb source all in one.

I just made myself turkey chili. I did it the quick and dirty way on this first run through so the sodium is the only thing torpedo'ing the otherwise temple of health this meal is.

Best of all it takes 15 minutes to make.

all nutrition info is for the entire recipe, not a per serving basis

1 Pack Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey:
(+7g fat (3 saturated), +125g protein)

2 cans Joan of Arc Chili Beans (info below is the sum of both cans):
7g unsaturated fat
3430mg salt (yikes)
147g carbs
42g of fiber
49g protein

1 can Contadina Diced Tomatoes:
700mg sodium
21g carbs

1 tablespoon chili powder
1 large diced onion
2 tablespoons minced garlic

Directions: Crumble the turkey in with the onion, powder, and garlic and put it in a pot (medium high heat) on the stove for 5 minutes. Check in and dice it up with a wooden spoon as parts of it start to cook. Mash it around until the turkey is white.

After 5 minutes throw in the rest of the ingrediants. Mix it in good and let it sit for 10 minutes uncovered. Stir it at the 5 minute mark.

There you go.

I am going to try and get rid of the canned igrediants as I am not comfortable with all the sodium. What is a "chili bean" really? Just a kidney bean or is it a "red bean"?

All and all if you divide it into 4 servings you have a breakdown of:
43.5g protein
42g carbs
10.5g fiber
3.5g fat
1032.5 sodium <-- only asskicker

High protein, Low gi, low fat, almost no cholesterol meal

I got to update this with a recipe where I just cook raw beans.

mrzap said:
I'm not sure of a more perfect protein and carb source all in one.

I am going to try and get rid of the canned igrediants as I am not comfortable with all the sodium. What is a "chili bean" really? Just a kidney bean or is it a "red bean"?

All and all if you divide it into 4 servings you have a breakdown of:
43.5g protein
42g carbs
10.5g fiber
3.5g fat
1032.5 sodium <-- only asskicker

High protein, Low gi, low fat, almost no cholesterol meal

I got to update this with a recipe where I just cook raw beans.

Use red beans. I'm sure you know this already, but make sure to soak them overnight.

wallcrawler said:
Is that kidney beans?

No. Kidney beans are different. They are larger and take longer to cook. I prefer to use small red beans ( and yes, that's the name of the bean on the bag).

I think this weekend I am going to try it with the bagged raw beans and do the soak and boil method.

nycgirl said:
No. Kidney beans are different. They are larger and take longer to cook. I prefer to use small red beans ( and yes, that's the name of the bean on the bag).

I stand corrected.

Top Bottom